Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first Ducati and it ran fine until I decided to start modding:)
I Removed then painted the clutch springs and pressure plate, then re-installed, however should the plate go all the way in to mesh with the gear grooves or should there be a space once I screw in the allen bolts all the way? I also removed and lowered the handle bars and relocated the clutch and brake levers and had to loosen the banjo bolts to do so. Once complete the clutch pulled in harder than normal and there was a "clink" when the clutch was disingaged (pulled in). I fired it up then put it in gear and I could see smoke from the clutch and the outer plate came loose. The clutch will not pull in at all now:( What the hell did I do wrong?

·
Registered
137 Posts
The outer most metal clutch plate should sit in the pressure plate. That's why those grooves are there. When you replace the pressure plate, it matter's which holes go on which posts (what the allen bolts thread into). ONE of your 6 posts will have a indent or a line cast into it. On the pressure plate there will be an indent or notch or some kind of distinguishing feature next to it, that hole has to go on that post.
If you loosened a banjo bolt, you might need to bleed your clutch.

Buy a Manual and read the clutch section. I would want to take it all down and inspect everything and put it back together as the manual says...

oh yeah, and when you pull in the clutch lever you are engaging the clutch ;)
good luck her dude

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Pull clutch lever in=clutch disengaged=flywheel and clutch plate do not meet.
Release clutch lever= clutch engaged=flywheel and clutch plate meet...pushed firmly by the pressure plates.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Pull clutch lever in=clutch disengaged=flywheel and clutch plate do not meet.
Release clutch lever= clutch engaged=flywheel and clutch plate meet...pushed firmly by the pressure plates.
You're right. I don't know what I was thinking last night. I picked a hell of day to quit sniffin glue....:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts