Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I posted in the tech section but got no response. Hopefully somebody could help me...

Basically I'm a new rider. I took my MRC and got my license in the last week. I bought a 2006 M620 a few weeks ago and finally got to try it out today. I had no problem with the cable clutch in the 250 I was riding in the MRC but in my monster its a whole different ballpark. I have to let the clutch out a good 1/2 to 3/4 of the way before I hit the friction zone. I'm having such a hard time with damn 1st gear. Like I said, had no problems before. Can someone please let me know if their's any adjustment to the clutch I can do or if this is normal and I just need to practice to get used to it.

Sorry for the dumb question but any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks...

·
Registered
15 Posts
yah an adjustable clutch lever would help, I have a m900ie S that came with an adjustable clutch lever and I was in the same boat until i adjusted the lever to pick up the quickest now it engages fairly quickly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I found several good eBay products (see below); but, as fun as these look, can't you just adjust your clutch with a screw driver (see below)?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Adjusting the stock levers would be great, since I was looking at the same thing, but they put that anti-tamper type stuff in the adjustment slot. Is there an easy way to get this junk out, or do you just need to pick away at it with the screwdriver?

·
Registered
203 Posts
You could try a little heat ( carefully) or a dremel tool with a small grind wheel or bit. You could also line up a screw driver and tap it lightly. I have not done this however, so do at your own risk.

Report on your results. It does not look like there would be enough adjustability to make a difference. I could be wrong...it happens.

Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, I posted in the tech section but got no response. Hopefully somebody could help me...

Basically I'm a new rider. I took my MRC and got my license in the last week. I bought a 2006 M620 a few weeks ago and finally got to try it out today. I had no problem with the cable clutch in the 250 I was riding in the MRC but in my monster its a whole different ballpark. I have to let the clutch out a good 1/2 to 3/4 of the way before I hit the friction zone. I'm having such a hard time with damn 1st gear. Like I said, had no problems before. Can someone please let me know if their's any adjustment to the clutch I can do or if this is normal and I just need to practice to get used to it.

Sorry for the dumb question but any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks...
Great work .. really informative .. and thanks a lot for sharing ..:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts