Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke off my clutch switch today. My dumb*ss tied it down wrong in my truck. [smiley=embarassed.gif]
Everything seems fine as far as shifting and starting goes. (2002 s4) Still starts in neutral with the stand down. Anybody know what the switch is for??? TIA

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Don't know for sure, as I don't have my wiring diagram here, but it may not start with it in gear now. Like "just stalled it at a signal, gotta fish for neutral instead of pulling the clutch and restarting.

Just guessing...........

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the thing, it starts just the way it did before. Have no trouble finding N I thought I was being a dumb*ss asking this question.The only thing I thought, maybe somehow the switch snapped off when it was "closed". Oh well just curious.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The clutch switch on my 2002 s4 stalls the engine if you try to ride off with the kickstand down. This would also not allow you to start the engine with the bike in gear.

Ryan
2002 Black S4

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
OK, I just checked the Wiring Diagram, the switch appears to supply a 12 volt signal to the ECU when the clutch is pulled in.

And, I just tried this on my '02 S4:
It allows you to start the bike in gear, with the clutch pulled, and the kickstand up. Like you would_want_to do if you just stalled the motor trying to take off at a green light, so the [email protected]$$ cagers don't run you over.........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts