Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has to be on here somewhere, but I cannot find it. Torque spec for the 6 clutch spring bolts on a 2000 m900?

Thanks...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably why I can't find anything about it then....locktite or anything like that?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Nothing.
PS: if you break a post, please donate it to me. I fix 'em for spares around here.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
i sent norm the last one i broke :)

i think the torque setting is 5 ftlb, but i wouldnt use a torque wrench, just a t-handle just until snug, no more.

(the pressure of the spring keeps the bolt from coming out, thats why no locktite is needed)

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Actually the bolt clamps the spring cap to the post, there is no spring tension on the bolt.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Actually the bolt clamps the spring cap to the post, there is no spring tension on the bolt.
The spring pushes against the cap which, in turn, pushes on the bolt. So, yes, there is spring tension on the bolt, transmitted through the body of the cap.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Well yeas and no, torqued to 5nm, the resultant clamping force is far and above the force of the spring so as to render it insignificant.

The point being the force of the spring does not prevent the bolts from backing out.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I suspect it will be listed in inch/pounds, not ft/pounds.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Well yeas and no, torqued to 5nm, the resultant clamping force is far and above the force of the spring so as to render it insignificant.

The point being the force of the spring does not prevent the bolts from backing out.
Apparently it does, considering that I didn't torque mine down at all and they haven't budged.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Lt Snyder's book specifies 6nm or 4 lb/ft or as MonsterHooligan and Chupa states.

I did so when replacing my pressure plate and clutch pack and everything is good.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Nothing.
PS: if you break a post, please donate it to me. I fix 'em for spares around here.
PM me an address....I've a broken post along with the hub I'll donate.

@Vinick2006: But yea, don't tighten those bolts much at all...I've learned the hard way...dang post bruised my leg through my gear! (though I suppose that's better than it having hit some pedestrian?)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts