Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So getting use to a new Ducati from being a Honda sports bike rider. The clutch is quite wearing neverlone gear ratios also dont help the cause to lessen the use.

A few things Im looking to be buying to help with this being IRC Quickshifter, and whilst Im at it was looking at clutch slave for if/when using clutch it can be easier.

How does one choose 26,28,30 and I had read somewhere about what is to match with a Quickshifter but I cant find it.

I believe 28 was better suited if having a Quickshifter as it needed some bite vs say a 30 clutch slave.

Any recommendations, do they make a difference? Or its just bling? How can one tell difference from 26-30? Monster 1200s

Attachments

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
They are definitely not just for bling. The aftermarket ones have a bigger piston to make the pull easier and less taxing on the hand. Not sure about the quick shifter aspect of it but I do love my Oberon Clutch Slave. Better than OEM by far. I am digging it more then my YoYodyne I used to have. The 29mm piston seems to be just the right size. Oberon is know for being one of the most reliable clutch slaves for Ducati.

https://motowheels.com/i-7189544-oberon-clutch-slave-cylinder-ducati-certain-models-as-listed.html

·
Registered
689 Posts
Subscribing. I can use a lighter clutch action on the M1200R. Finding neutral could be improved also.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Subscribing. I can use a lighter clutch action on the M1200R. Finding neutral could be improved also.
I found this link below about the clutch pressure and how it is covered under warranty for your ducati service agent to check and repair as required.

Note it is specific to the US market however when I brought this to the attention of the AU dealer first it was denied, then I informed that if its the same in US why no AU as often in Australia we are left off the recalls and its the "Dealer" discretion to do it for free etc.

Long story short it is now updated to include Australia also under the warranty, so a little push can go a long way as I learnt this with my VW Golf R also, Turbo was recalled in US but not in AU. mine blew so I referred them to same type manual from Audit which uses the same item and so it was done free of charge. :wink

Check and adjust clutch pressure service bulletin Ducati
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10147320-9999.pdf

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the reason why I was looking at the clutch slave was I have to take the bike in for the pressure check for clutch and so whilst im there I may as well get a clutch slave I was thinking to also assist.

until I find the link or get more feedback its looking at being the 28mm, although there are some pramac ducati ones but only 30mm :(

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So bought it and installed. Much better like having my previous Japanese bikes now.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts