Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this 96 M900 and upon removing the front sprocket [to clean behind it] I noticed that on the back side of the clutch release cylinder the rubber is torn, and the amount of wetness back there leads me to believe that this release cylinder needs replacement. Is this common? Can I just get the rubber part or will it require complete replacement of the release cylinder?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
yes, yes, and maybe.

if the metal is not too pitted it can be overhauled.

the slave cylinders are problematic.

most people replace with an Evoluzione or Yoyodyne cylinder.

·
Registered
796 Posts
You are referring to the clutch slave cylinder and the piston inside it. You can rebuild it and that torn rubber thing is meant to keep dirt and debris out. I would recommend just getting an aftermarket one. They are built much better and give you a better feel. They are also fairly easy to install. I got a Yoyodyne one for my 94 M900. Check out this site,
www.ca-cycleworks.com

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info! I will try to find the replacements you suggested...I live in Alberta Canada so it might take some looking to buy locally. The link that was suggested is closed until approx. May 5.

·
Registered
796 Posts
It would be worth waiting a few days for it to be back up. Chris is a great guy and takes care of his orders very professionally. I would guess he shut down to be sure that his clients got perfect service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts