Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the 696 and do not like the feel of the clutch it seems like an on/off switch then the other hyd. clutches I've had on other bikes. Anyway has any one tried this part from ducabike.com ? I'm wondering if it will fix the way the clutch feels. I've sent an email to them asking the same question but it would be nice to here from someone who tried this out.
Thanks

http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=98351&stc=1&d=1259511603

Attachments

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
696 clutch

part is an aftermarket slave cylinder, it will reduce clutch pull which is already light on a 696. as far as on/off clutch lever travel: welcome to ducati hydraulic clutches- they're pretty much all that way. with practice you will be able to manage it, i had initial trouble with feathering the clutch when i first started riding my 620- much better now.
btw: if your interested,check out yoyodyne or evolucione slave cylinders- they're about the best ones out there in terms on function & reliabliity (i'm partial to yoyo, i have one on my s2r1k. it rocks!!)
peace,
duknut

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holly crap ! if the clutch pull gets any lighter on the 696 the wind will prolly start pushing the lever back. It's strange as I've had the Brembo hyd. clutch on a few diff. bikes and none of them were anything like this one. Oh well you just saved me about $150.00 thanks.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
696 clutch

Binary (on/off) clutches seem to be hallmark of Ducati. difference in clutch may also be due to adler slipper clutch. i don't think any other brand uses this system as stock; especially at that price point.
cheers.
duknut

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if the adler is a conventional ramp type slipper clutch ? I've had 2 race bikes with the ramp style & I loved those slippers on the track. The one on the Kawai, had these springy type prongs you could add or take out to change how much it would slip. I could drop 2 gears at speed and the rear would would hardly even move I felt like I was cheating ! I'll have to try out the slipper on the 696. The 696 belongs to my GF so I can't flog it too hard or I'll get flogged !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts