Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a garage tip over on my 07 S4rs. It didn't fall hard as I had a pretty good grip on the bike but the clutch lever broke and the gear change lever bent. I replaced the gear change lever with no problems then did the same with the clutch lever. Upon testing the repair I find that if the gear change lever is in nuetral everything is fine but when I put the bike in gear and pull in the clutch lever the bike remains in gear not nuetral as it should with the lever pulled in. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
663 Posts
When you put the bike in gear, and pull on the clutch lever, the bike is still in gear, but the clutch is not engaged.

I presume you replace the clutch lever with a comparable stock one, and you did not miss any parts. Should be a no brainer.

It appears that you missed something on the clutch lever install, or you need to bleed the clutch. If you do not notice significant pressure when you pull on the clutch lever, things are not right.

Did you remove the clutch master to cnage the lever? Did you turn it upside down during the install?

If so, you have air in the system.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Tripod. I replaced the lever with the correct Ducati part as came on the bike. I did not remove the master cylinder. I only removed the pin holding the lever on and the 10mm nut on the bottom of the pin. Though I did not turn the master upside down it did get turned on it's side in the mishap. The lever feels very soft so as you suggest there may be air in the system. I'll bleed it and see if the problem is cured

·
Registered
663 Posts
If you have air in your clutch system from it's being on it's side, you might want to bleed brakes as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts