Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that the Monster's clutch is a heavy pull but in city driving after not very long it really starts to bother my left hand, is there anything I can do to make it easier on the hand? Thanks!

G

·
do a search on clutch slave cylinders. evoluzione, stm and yoyodyne make units with a larger bore. larger bore -> more fluid displaced -> less lever effort but longer lever throw.
personally, i haven't really had much issue with it. felt a bit heavy at first but you get used to it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
On another thread, I mentioned the fact that I had replaced the stock clutch slave with an Evolusione and the levers with CRG "Roll-A-Click"s.

I've got small hands and I spend a lot of time in stop-and-go traffic. The change is fantastic. ;D

·
Registered
796 Posts
I put a yoyodyne on my bike and the pull is much easier.

G

·
Not to sound like a jerk, and I know this will come out wrong but a hand grip exerciser is cheaper then a new cylinder and you'll get stronger in the process. Its all a matter of getting used to it. Your hand will just strenghthen over time. With all due respect. I had the same issue when I started riding.

G

·
aye, my hand ached for about 2 weeks of stop start city riding. dont really notice now, the buggers at the local duc placed laughed at me when i asked about the heavy clutch, they said i should learn to filter through traffic ::)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts