Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new EVO clutch slave cylinder that I am planning on installing this weekend.
From what I have read, the installation is fairly simple, but will require that I bleed the clutch lines. My question:

The manual says use Shell Advance Brake DOT 4 fluid. I'm not planning on searching the entire city for this brand. Will any DOT 4 brake fluid that I pick up in the auto parts store work?
Is there a difference between motorcycle and automobile brake/clutch fluid? - I don't think there should be, but just want to be sure.

For those of you that have done this mod, what fluid did you use?

Thanks

·
Registered
366 Posts
Any DOT4 should work. Only says Shell because Ducati's current deal with Shell. Used to be AGIP. No difference between fluids that meet DOT4 criteria. Don't go DOT5.

Just bought a new EVO clutch slave cylinder that I am planning on installing this weekend.
From what I have read, the installation is fairly simple, but will require that I bleed the clutch lines. My question:

The manual says use Shell Advance Brake DOT 4 fluid. I'm not planning on searching the entire city for this brand. Will any DOT 4 brake fluid that I pick up in the auto parts store work?
Is there a difference between motorcycle and automobile brake/clutch fluid? - I don't think there should be, but just want to be sure.

For those of you that have done this mod, what fluid did you use?

Thanks

·
Registered
796 Posts
Any DOT 4, I used Belray, but anything will work.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Shell has been proven to last twice as long - temperature testing exceeds all other brands... However any dot 4 will be adequate ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts