Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just wanted to check on this before I started. I have a 2004 s4r. I am noticing the clutch fluid is looking pretty nasty and am going to replace it. I know the basic routine, but I was talking to another local duc enthusiast who said a tool exists that just completley pushes new fluid in and forces the old fluid out through an open bleeder. I had never heard of this, but if it does exist I really would like to know what it is called so I can get my hands on one.

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
105 Posts
You can get a brake bleeder kit and use it for all hydraulic fluid replacements. Here's one I found at a pretty good price:

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DS-310207&click=37735

Just be sure to thoroughly check the pressure and consistency of your clutch lever when you're done. You may need to bleed the line if you feel a "mushiness" in the line or if it feels "softer" when you pull in the lever.

If you're fluid is turning kinda black in the reservoir, it's not that uncommon. This happens to my Superbike with some frequency.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

THanks Brooklyn :) I think that might be what I am looking for, I have only ever bled with the pump, crack bleeder, close bleeder, repeat, and repeat, and repeat. I'll give this a shot!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts