Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Hmm, no experiece. But the quality of the pictured items looks pretty good. PRice is a lot lower than the competition too.

Buy one and report back [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
I had been eyeing that same one, but comparing the photos to the mpl-tuning ones, they don't look as "polished" looking (and I don't mean in reference to the finish). There's something about it that doesn't look as nice, and the mpl-tuning one is only ~$10 more.

vs.

mpl-tuning clutch cover on ebay

it may just be the angle of the photos..... ::) i dunno [cheeky]

my .02
-michelle

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I bought the MPL cover in billet silver and I love it! Awesome quality, came with ss bolts and the guy threw in an "MPL Tuning" baseball cap. You are correct about something not looking quite right on the Italian version....
Also, notice that the bolts at the 7 0'clock and 11 0'clock position are covered in the MPL version. Not sure what the advantage is if any....

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rgramjet said:
I bought the MPL cover in billet silver and I love it! Awesome quality, came with ss bolts and the guy threw in an "MPL Tuning" baseball cap. You are correct about something not looking quite right on the Italian version....
Also, notice that the bolts at the 7 0'clock and 11 0'clock position are covered in the MPL version. Not sure what the advantage is if any....
The MPL looks good also. The price is also right and their feedback makes me feel better about them.

Has anyone seen their pressure plates? They're also a great price. I was wondering what the quality was like.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
rgramjet said:
The advanage is that it's milled out behind there and slips over the existing bolts. So you've got less bolts to remove when dealing with the cover. And it gives a slightly cleaner look, if you care.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Did anyone notice that he lists the "condition" as "remanufactured"...Possibly a translation error but, it does make one wonder? Perhaps worth emailing the guy for a clairfication.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have the pressure plate from those MPL guys, top notch, great to deal with. Here is a pic of it on my bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Old-Duckman said:
Did anyone notice that he lists the "condition" as "remanufactured"...Possibly a translation error but, it does make one wonder? Perhaps worth emailing the guy for a clairfication.
maybe they take the MPL covers and they clean them up and sell them [cheeky]

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
seriously though, I bought one off Ebay and the quality looked great to me. I installed it 5 minutes after it came to my door. MPL tuning pressure plate for 121.00. not sure if that's a great price, but I was quite happy with it.
Harry

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yesterday I ordered a clutch cover and a pressure plate from MPL-Tuning through ebay. I paid through paypal. I get an email that the paypal was returned due to shipping costs? What the heck! So I figured that the shipping would cost more because of the distance. I emailed them and asked what the shipping cost would be. I got a return email that the shipping is actually less because the two items will be shipped in one package. :)

All this emailing happened today. So far their response time has been good. And they seem very honest. Instead of keeping the extra shipping money they opted to return it which makes me very happy. ;)

I can't wait to see the product.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.