Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I had DP alloy flywheel installed on my 06 S2R (12/23). Later when detailing my bike on noticed that one of the clutch cover screws was hanging out (maybe 3/4" or so - see attached pics). The casing seems to be retaining oil as no oil has leaked out. Also, the bike is/was operating normally.

1) I believe the loose screw on the clutch cover is unrelated to the installation of the flywheel since you wouldn't open up the clutch casing to install a flywheel.
2) Has this happened to anyone else? If so any insights on what happened would be nice.
3) My plan is to tighten up the screw assuming that this is an anomally. Could this be a sign of a bigger problem?
4) I'm not sure what the proper torque setting is for these screws - I can't locate the torque setting from list provided in the work shop manual - does anyone know what the proper setting is?

Thanks - Rob

·
Registered
555 Posts
Rob
the flywheel change would not have had any thing to do with your loose screw. it seems that at PDI (pre delivery inspection) and any services (600mile,6k etc) it was missed. It is not uncommon to find screws loose from the factory especialy after you have put a few hundred miles on the bike, that is the reason for the 600 mile service to catch things like this.
mechanics are human though and your may have checked every other bolt on your bike and only missed one.
the torque on a 6mm bolt will be around 6-7lbft or 72-84inlbs, if you are not sure of your skills with a torque wrench . blue (medium strength) loctite and screwdriver tight. The torque is low enough that tight is good enough, stripped out is not so good.

I also would make the rounds of any other bolts you can get at, never hurts to check.
cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.