Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,
i picked my monster last week didn't know if it comes with 3 keys, anyway to cut the story short, does anyone know where i can get a black key cloned in melbourne? i bought an original blank dacati monster key on eBay need it to get cloned. asap b4 it goes missing... i have a 3 yr old boy loves hiding things.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you have the red key? If not you wont be able to clone a new one at all afaik.

If you do then, Ducati City is your best bet.

If you want to do it yourself , the instructions for cloning the key are in the service manual (not the owners manual) which can be bought online for a few dollars. You will then need to have the blank cut by any locksmith (I think).

:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I know ur post is like a year ago but recently I tried to go home from work n lost my one n only key.
Paid stupid Amt for locksmith to make new one that night. Took him like 30mins. He did give me a clone for free and said would of been maybe 50bucks if during day n I rode to him at his convenience, as in not a call out at night. Looked for his card for u bit can't find. I did it at the time with the standard phonebook/yellow pages. I have 1996 m600

·
Registered
48 Posts
Any key can be cloned, my S4R came without the red key, locksmith said he can clone the black ones for $50, even showed me in the book, key looks exactly the same, it's just generic with a ducati sticker on it. They just match the chips and copy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought a 12/2006 998 s4r two days ago from a damaged auction and it came with no keys at all. the ignition is complete and undamaged so i can have a key cut for it (and tank etc) from a local locksmith.
as for the immobiliser I hope I can find someone to bypass it.
I did read that you need to buy a an aftermarket ECU without the immo inside to get around it.

The bike has been badly damaged front end wise so Ill need a whole stack of other parts.
(re my next post in the hooligans trader section).

any info on the immobiliser bypass would be greatly appreciated! (just Pm me if its sensite information!) cheers, Phil NSW

·
Registered
8 Posts
Inner West Locksmiths, 107 - 113 Booth St, Annandale NSW 2038, P: 02 9660 1811
did my M620 key for $135. no red key. direct copy of the only black key i had.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts