Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into the Cyclecat clipons and was wondering what is involved in switching from the stock bar setup to clipons. The clipons I would get would be the DBR13-03, and I would like to know if anyone has them and how they feel. I would also appreciate re: whether there is anything further I need to purchase to switch to clipons. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
I have a 2002 750 as well and just got the cycle cat dbr-13's. I like them a lot so far. It's super easy to adjust the height and angle of the bars so I was able to get them to where they feel perfect. The only other thing that you will need with our model bike is the spacers for the master cylinders. This is because the 2002 750 came with coffin style clylinders and they don't clear the RIPS system.

I got a set of blems from the cycle cat shop and can hardly tell what is supposed to be wrong with them.

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Likewise, I got a set of blems from the Cat Shop and couldn't tell where they were blemished. Saved about $80 over regular price.

Also had to use the spacer kit fo rthe coffin style reservoirs.

On my 95 M900 I ended up having to switch the short line from the front brake M/C to the splitter manifold end-for-end because of the lower position of the bars. This may have been a peculiarity of the Fren Tubo braided steel lines because the short one is so stiff and the banjos lined up better the opposite way from stock. If you have only a single disc or rubber lines up front you probably won't run into that problem.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I just installed the Cycle Cat DBR-23's with the DTC-7 Triple & man, it looks SWEET!! ;D I love the adjustability they offer. Installation took about an hour total though I am still tweaking the positioning. Still finding the right position. Definately more comfortable than the stock setup. Definately needed to coffin spacers, can't do it without them for sure. It just doesn't quite fit right if you don't have them.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, thanks for the response...I think I'm gonna order a set soon...Where can I get the spacers for the master cylinders? thx

·
Registered
376 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but is it possible to get the blems online? I have some homemade parts on my Duc, and I suspect that even the CC blems will shame my best work. :)

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Go to Cycle Cat's page and link through to the "Cat Shop". That is the outlet for blems.

The spacer kit for coffin style reservoirs is available from CC - it's $20 when purchased with a bar order or $40 when ordered by itself.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea...I'm an idiot...after I posted..I went to the website and saw that...doh! Thanks again! Gonna order now!

·
0 Posts
I got 'em and I like them. Nice finished, adjustable. The only problem I have is an occasional sore shoulder. I'llpost flicks when I get home.

R.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok...so I called cyclecat to order the clipons, and apparently there were sold to someone else today...even though they already said that it was available. Not pissed at them b/c it wasn't their fault, and they were very nice in telling me about it. So...if anyone on this board happened to buy the clipons from cyclecat's CAT SHOP today, DAMN YOU!!!

Just joking...but yes...I am annoyed :-[

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok...so the ppl at cyclecat are awesome!! They hooked it up and I got my clip-ons coming as we speak!!! Can't wait!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts