Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like Cyclecat stuff and the've been great to deal with in terms of answering questions, and I'll be putting their rearsets on my s4rs this winter, BUT...

their bars won't allow the bar end mirrors I want to keep.

So... please help with suggestions. I want much more aggressive and will be changing the top triple for aesthetic reasons.

Oh... and I'm lazy so the easier the install (no changing lines, etc.) the better.

(No sugesting I swich mirrors... I don't want to... they're the sport classic accessory mirrors and they're functional and sexy as hell).

Ant the bars have to fit the Ohlins on the s4rs

Chris

·
Registered
810 Posts
I think you can just get the cyclecat ones, but just get different bars... That is to say that the cycle cat set up appears to have a piece that clamps to the fork (this is the piece that has all the adjustability in it), and then the bars clamp onto that piece. The actual bars themselves are just pieces of metal, I would think that you could replace these bars with tubes that you could then put your bar end mirrors on. Hope that helps.

James

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, the CC bars are NOT just bars. They are thicker at the top and thinner at the bottom. Another bonus of the CC system.

Lawyer - Seems to me that S4RS owners are best qualified to determine which clip-ons fit by talking with people like Chris at Cycle Cat. The people at CC are VERY helpful. :)

Dave

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks folks, but I have gotten an answer from Chris at Cyclecat which is why I was asking for alternatives. I do not want to figure out how to modify the CC bars to take the mirrors, but I know there must be other clipon options that will maintain the stock bar-end inner diameter.

Cyclecat said they were not sure what modifications would be needed to have the bar-ends fit. I don't want CRGs and that's the only ones they have made a bar end for.

Thanks for the input anyway.

Chris

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Not sure of the ID, but have you looked in to Woodcraft?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about the Suburban Machinery bars? They have the feel of clip-ons, but they're real handlebars. A few guys on here have 'em (not S4RSs though).

Google search found the following manufacturers (I'm sure I missed a few):
Helibars
Woodcraft
Cycle Cat
Tomaselli
LSL (Spieglerusa.com)
Vortex

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just put on a set of Rizoma Clip ons I think they are great. They integtrate into the bar riser holes and clip on as well. They make the bike eaiser to manuver. I bought them off someone from the Monsterboard. They were in new condition. They are made very well.

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts