Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if ST3 clip ons will fit a S4rs? I'm tired of asking my dealer this kind of stuff, just to get a weird how the hell should I know look from them. While I'm on the subject am I the only one that wants to know these kind of things? Seems to me that dealers are losing out on lots of profit from Monster owners who want to......NEED to modify there bikes.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Why would your dealer know? Unless he took the bars off one bike and tried with the other. That's time away from work unless you want to pay him to see if it'll fit. It's not like they sit around and swap out parts for fun.

I can tell you that the low clipons from a sport classic do not fit unless you will be modifying the bracket that supports the headlight. That's where most clearance issues occur with bars I've been looking at.

Chris

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Statler said:
Why would your dealer know? Unless he took the bars off one bike and tried with the other. That's time away from work unless you want to pay him to see if it'll fit. It's not like they sit around and swap out parts for fun.

I can tell you that the low clipons from a sport classic do not fit unless you will be modifying the bracket that supports the headlight. That's where most clearance issues occur with bars I've been looking at.

Chris
It's not about fun, it's about making more profit from accessories. Harley Davidson understands this. The avg. Harley has $3500. worth of add ons after the sale. Walk into any Harley dealer and you can see what I mean. And the guy at the Parts counter can tell you about 50 different handle bars that will fit your bike......so it's not about fun it's about profit!!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
That's so true about Harley's. My Dad and both brothers ride them and I'm amazed at how much money they have into them. One of my brothers has a full dresser with tons of after purchase stuff on it. He's got about $27k into it by now. My Dad has two and his girlfriend's to maintain- I don't even want to know how much dough is dumped into those. They do all rumble quite nicely though. Can't fault them for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts