Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking at picking up a new 1100, and am sort of planning out future mods. A big thing for me is that I want to replace the stock bars with clip-ons. I've seen this hashed out a couple times both on this and other sites, and I have run myself in a circle and gotten throughly confused on what is really available.

I'm looking for something that is a bit more aggressive that the stock bars (I come from a SuperSport and stock Monster is just too up-right, but I don't want to be as aggressive as a Superbike or Supersport) and a little narrower. This rules out clip-ons mounted under the triple clamp, unless they have a riser. I have looked into the SpeedyMoto clip-ons... but it seems like that are perpetually out of stock with no real timeline. Any other quality brands that meet these requirements? Pictures are always appreciated ;-)

Thanks,

- Ryan

·
Registered
11 Posts
My last bike was an '06 Sport 1000 whch came from my dealer with a set of "comfort riser" clip-ons. I gave them a shot and they worked out really nice. The only modification I had to do was trim the headlight housing a bit.
Leaning forward more makes that seat much more comfortable.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My last bike was an '06 Sport 1000 whch came from my dealer with a set of "comfort riser" clip-ons. I gave them a shot and they worked out really nice. The only modification I had to do was trim the headlight housing a bit.
Leaning forward more makes that seat much more comfortable.
Yes, that looks to be about what I am looking for. Do you know what brand they are? Also, any chance that you have a close up of the attachment point? Do they attach above or below the clamp?

Thanks,

- Ryan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, that looks to be about what I am looking for. Do you know what brand they are? Also, any chance that you have a close up of the attachment point? Do they attach above or below the clamp?

Thanks,

- Ryan
Here are some crappy camera phone pics. It's a Ducati part, comfort risers to raise the height for the '06 Sport 1000. I tried to use a set of Woodcraft clip-ons but the bracket was too big and would require a lot of modification to work. You can see in one of the pictures where I trimmed the aluminum on the headlight assembly to allow room.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Brilliant !!!! , I wanted to do this same thing with my first monster , but the forks were to small. great to know this will work with the new Monster !!! Thanks for the photos .
Agreed on the riding postition, why is i that a more leaned over position would become more comfortable ?

I bought aftermarkets for my 06 monster and loved em' , night and day difference.
I'm considering the touring seat for the new monster too. I think if i weren't trying push my body awaay from the tank so much , it would create a lot less stress on my arms, and would center my weight more over my legs . right now it's right in that position in between upright and leaned over
I could ride my 748 a lot longer than the 1100. huh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts