Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I remember in one of the threads someone mentioning that they had "city bars" on their monster. At the time I hadn't logged enough miles to appreciate what that rider had said about the high and wide nature of the bars being tough on the shoulders. Now I do. Especially after a 2 hour heavy traffic commute. So I'm looking for some clip ons that will pull my hands in and down a little, maybe back a touch too, but that's not as important as getting them down and closer together. My shoulders are narrow and those bars are wide. I wish I could remember which thread it was in. I'd just go back and re-read it.

Suggestions? My dealer tried putting several other Ducati clip ons on there but they didn't go because of ....... I can't remember exactly what...... the light fixture maybe?

Murph

·
Registered
333 Posts
murph,
the cyclecat system is awesome and has been a great solution for me. if they don't have a set-up for the 695 they probably will. i would give them a call-they are super helpful on the phone and make a beautiful product.

www.cyclecat.com

julie

·
Registered
333 Posts
temporary thread jack>>hey aprilmaybe-are you the same gal from the "various"beginner bikes website? my old screenname overthere (yeah i'm not very creative) was banditjules from back when i had a suzuki bandit. << end thread jack.

those bars on the right side of the page at suburban machinery are cool looking.

the beauty of the cycle cat set-ups is that there are various riser options and then the bars can be adjusted quite a bit by pivoting them and then angling them forward and backward. i switched to them from the stock bars and they made the bike so much more comfortable. they are not the cheapest solution however you have the flexibility to try a whole lot of different positions.

julie

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ack! I just added up what it would cost to get the adjustable clip ons, with the necessary triple clamp and spacer for the brake and clutch fluid reservoirs and it comes to about $740 (the guy at cycle cat added it up on the phone for me). With shipping and I'm not sure about tax, that's a lot of money.

Rizoma makes a nice one, but theirs are WAAAAY dropped. I like the look of this bar, from Suburban, but will it go on an M695 like it does on an S2R or S4R?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Murph

·
Registered
333 Posts
ouch murph....that much?! i didn't need the triple when i got the bars (not that the set-up was cheap), but i added it anyway. that being said whatever you need to make yourself more comfortable and enjoy the bike is money well spent. hopefully some people know of other options for you. once in awhile there are cycle cat bits for sale in the parts section here. keep your eyes open.

julie

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
s4girl said:
temporary thread jack>>hey aprilmaybe-are you the same gal from the "various"beginner bikes website? my old screenname overthere (yeah i'm not very creative) was banditjules from back when i had a suzuki bandit. << end thread jack.
Yep thats me.

I know they go on regular Monsters, the guy making them should know. He started making them because people were putting the SV bars on the Monsters.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Folks,

Well after much deliberation and a lot of calling around, I decided to order the Suburban machinery bars. I'll let you all know how they go. At $159 plus shipping, they are a heck of a lot less expensive than the cycle cat setup would have been (it would have come to about $750). I just hope that there is enough room for all the instrument cluster stuff. The coffin shaped reservoirs are more difficult to fit than the cylindrical ones. Luckily, I live near a good shop, and if it can work, I think they'll make it work.

Murph

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.