Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the solution for the remaining lower bar clamp on the top triple clamp after installing clip-ons. New triple clamp? would look ugly just sticking out. Some kind of attachment, billet piece w/ Duc logo? Haven't put clip-ons on yet but have been thinking about it.
Buz.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
1. There are a couple of choices for "cover plates" Still looks wrong in my opinion.
2. BCM has been machining them off. You should be able to find a machine shop to do it for you.
3. I started work with a machinist in designing a replacement tripple. The CAD drawing looks great, but we want a stock unit in hand for a side-by-side to make sure everything works well. Want to loan us yours for the winter?

S

·
0 Posts
hey don,
if my buddy doesn't manage to sell his m750, i'm sure i could snag it off him for your measurements. it's an '02 so it's got the "growths" on them.
buz, i'd recommend taking that yoke to your local machine shop and have them zip them off. should be pretty cheap to have done. then get some paint and touch up the scars or strip the remaining paint and apply a fresh coat.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
So when is cycle cat gonna make a top triple clamp for the 02 monsters? However, at $325, I might not go for it...

Scooby ;D

Who else, if anyone makes one?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I recall Alex asking to borrow an '02 tripple for measurements a few weeks ago, so I expect they're working on it.

I love the Cycle Cat stuff, but realizing that $325 is a little hard for a lot of people to swallow (and given that CC had no product for the app), I was looking into a much simpler design that would involve less machine time and consequently a lower price.

Machining the stocker down will always be the cheapest route though.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Strati,

regarding your offer, lemme know.

The machinist really wants to have the proto and an OEM piece in hand at the same time.

We got the measurements off yours before the design, but I don't think he got everything he needs. You know how it is, until you start designing, you don't always appreciate what all the critical features are.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Guys, keep me informed on that new top triple you're working on; I'm not so cheap to want to go the grinding route - yet not rich enough, yet ;) to go the cycle cat $...

Thanks.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hey Guys! Cycle Cat borrowed my '02 620 and they are working on a triple clamp for it. I'll let you know when they test fit the sample to mine. Maybe even take some pics. ;D I talked to the designer today and he is busy with other stuff too, so I don't know when that'll be. I'll even try to get a price for you.

C

·
0 Posts
I passed up on a cnc controlled vertical milling machine for a mere 4k about 2 years ago. Seeing how I'm a closet ID anyway I think I'm gonna start looking around for one.

I already have all the software and knowledge - kinda frustrating not being able to produce anything . . ..

Hey Don, any Idea what the whole process costs? Is this a one-off or a prototype for resale?

jb
(the closet Industrial Designer)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks All. I may just go the route of zipping off the "growth" and powder coating the upper and lower clamps. Or maybe wait to see what a A/M piece will cost.
Thanks,
Buz.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts