Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone Knew much about putting clip-ons on a 620. I'm not looking to break the bank and i know motowheels has some cheap ones ($115) and woodcraft has some ($150). Does anyone know which one is best to get. Does it make the riding position much more uncomfortable. If anyonw has closeups of their clip ons, please post them. Thanks

·
Registered
474 Posts
am getting my cycle cat clip-ons soon.... I hope!
I have a 620Sie. will post pics the minute they are on.
am hoping to achieve a more aggressive, more forward riding position. better handling too i'm told.

·
Banned
523 Posts
danjwsu said:
I was wondering if anyone Knew much about putting clip-ons on a 620. I'm not looking to break the bank and i know motowheels has some cheap ones ($115) and woodcraft has some ($150). Does anyone know which one is best to get. Does it make the riding position much more uncomfortable. If anyonw has closeups of their clip ons, please post them. Thanks
Attached is a pic of the Motowheels ones with the optional 1.5" riser on a '05 S2R. Since the setup of the top triple requires clip-ons be mounted BELOW the triple, the risers are pretty much a necessity. I used the Speedy Moto top triple to eliminate the standard handlebar riser mounts, but it's not necessary. I had the same ones on my '99 M750, but these could mount on top, so no riser was needed. I just plugged the stock mounts. Picture also attached.

As for comfort, I prefer their angle and placement much more than the stock bars. They are not too low or agressive compared to some others. The quality of craftsmanship is very good, installation very easy and the price is pretty hard to beat. I just ordered a pair (with risers) for my new 2007 S4R.

Joe X

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
I just got off the phone with oncycles and I got a Cycle cat clipon kit. I got the new triple clamp with clipons and also got the relocator bracket for the coffin style cluch and brake reservoirs. I orderd the clip ons with the CRG mounting brackets as well. I will post pics as soon as I get this project done.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
here are the cyclecat clip-ons. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

·
Registered
208 Posts
i'm in the same boat/on the same bike. i just got DBR-13 under triple cyclecats. they won't go on the bike until next month when i get back from holiday but i'm looking forward to it! they are fantastically made, and like pepsduc, i'm hoping for a lower profile, and more aggressive riding position. i'll probably curse it in traffic but who cares! i want the instrument cluster to be the highest point on the bike.

A great piece of advice i got off the board here (can't remember who said it) but it makes a hell of a difference if you keep you arms bent. draws you down, but all the weight and tension is through your body, so it's good for your abs and makes your arms so much more comfortable. i got into the straight arm habit and after a days riding, started getting sore and numb hands. keep the arms bent and it's magic!

·
Registered
474 Posts
grazi said:
Attached is a pic of the Motowheels ones with the optional 1.5" riser on a '05 S2R.......
Joe,
that looks great! [thumbsup]
who did you purchase from?
did you need the coffin reservoiur spacers?? i dont see them?
cheers mate

·
Registered
616 Posts
My old 620 with Woodcrest, no riser, below the triple.

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
never heard of Woodcrest.... ???
where are they available from?

·
Banned
523 Posts
pepsduc said:
Joe,
that looks great! [thumbsup]
who did you purchase from?
did you need the coffin reservoiur spacers?? i dont see them?
cheers mate
Cheers! I got them directly from Motowheels. Ordered online with no hassles. The link is in DML sponsor ads link on the left of this page. They took about 3-4 days to arrive. They don't come with instructions, but the install is very straight forward. Not sure what you're referring to with the coffin spacers. I had those style MCs on both bikes, and everything fit as sent. I needed to cut out the plastic locating tab in the switch housings, as I didn't want to drill the bars, and wanted the freedom to reposition. But that was simple. Happy to answer any more questions. Joe X

·
Registered
616 Posts
clip ons bolt on to the forks.

pepsduc said:
never heard of Woodcrest.... ???
where are they available from?
I meant woocraft... ::)

·
Registered
401 Posts
timgillbo, What hight did you go with on you bike?

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I got the DBR53 clip-ons with the DTC07 Triple Clamp.

·
Registered
401 Posts
timgillbo said:
I got the DBR53 clip-ons with the DTC07 Triple Clamp.
I ordered the same yesterday.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Industrial_Grrrl said:
what's a woocraft? [laugh] something you ride and go woo!! hoo!! actually i think thats what my bike is. nevermind.
[laugh] Woo Hoo is right >:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts