Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of this mod as a winter project. I'd like to give my bike a more focused riding position for improved corner carving. Desmoworld.de (Germany) has modified a bike in this manor and it looks badass.

Has anyone done this mod? If so, please provide the details. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I put the Woodcraft clipons on my S4R. They sit well below the top triple and they really stretch you over the tank! I will post pics one of these days

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
bought the tomaselli's from the DML Store. mounted them below the top triple and used the risers to not kill my back too much. to swap them out is cake. i love the improved feeling in steering input.

·
Registered
290 Posts
migs76 said:
bought the tomaselli's from the DML Store. mounted them below the top triple and used the risers to not kill my back too much. to swap them out is cake. i love the improved feeling in steering input.

I love that set-up.It opens a good spot for GPS/Rearview LCD monitor [thumbsup]

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Migs76 and Caducman- Did you encounter and mounting clearance issues? Does the switch to clip ons look neat and tidy like the stock set up did?

Ducs4rs - Sweet bike dude. Can you tell me how much the Motowheels set up moved the clip on position? It seems pretty close to the stock location.

Thanks again guys for providing this info.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The difference is substantial, few inches lower and its more forward. Stock bars are mounted on top, has a riser handlebar mount and a riser handlebar. I can lower it some more by sliding it down or remove the 1.5 inch riser. If you are looking for a more aggresive position consider getting both the adjustable clipsons and some adjustable rearsets. I'm sure you'll find the best position possible and will only take a few minutes to adjust them if you want to change them for a specific type of riding.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
proof is in the pudding my man. look at the first pic i posted. slipped the controls off, put them back on. at this point, it comes down to which piece looks the swankiest for you. i opted for tomasellis due to the price point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts