Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured the pictures could be useful for someone deciding whether or not to get clip-ons. The ones I chose are sold by Motowheels http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=38|Aluminum Billet&productID=104&showDetail=1&categoryID=45|Ducati Monster billet&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168|Italian Motorcycle Parts.

Martin was very helpful with all the info, but being the cheap bastard that I am, I couldn't resist the price on ebay (manufacturer was selling off the ones left over) ;D

Anyways, the install was very easy, took me about 2 hours start-to-finish. I like the new riding position very much, not too aggressive, but enough to satisfy my old gsxr habits :). Still very comfortable and after a 1 hour ride I have no complaints about my back or wrists.

Pictures below reflect the installation and the last few pictures show both the clip-ons and standard handlebars for comparison...

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Just out of curiosity...how much clearance did you lose between the tank and the controls? I have been thinking about switching to a clip on to closer replicate a 91' 750ss I used to own and loved the positioning...but the steering lock on the monster is so tight anyway I was a bit worried about losing more going to clipons?

Gret pics by the way!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Did not lose much (if any) clearance. Steering locks are in the same position and there's 3 finger clearance from switch housings to the tank on both sides at lock positions.

If you like more forward riding position - clip-ons are great! To be honest, I haven't noticed any handling improvement, but then again, I'm not that great of a rider

1 - 3 of 3 Posts