Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the billet clipons that MotoWheels sell????

I am thinking of trying a set and was wondering if anyone has tried them. Since they are straight is there enough down angle??? When set up do they hit the tank with the steering at full lock??? Will Cycle Cat bar sliders fit in the end??? How is the position???

I know the Cycle Cat bars are killer and have total adjustability but I don't want to drop that much $$$ in case I don't like the lowered position of clipons. Plus, I really don't want to have to mount anything under the triple clamp. So the Moto set are a pretty cheap alternative to see if I like the setup.

Any suggestions???

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I had them on my bike for two years before I destroyed one in a crash. I replaced them with Cycle Cats.

There's some down angle from the slope of the fork tubes/top triple, but not alot. I found them comfortable enough.

They freely rotate around the protruding part of the fork tube, so it's up to you to set them up so they don't hit the tank or to adjust the stops on the bottom triple to reduce lock. (when I first installed mine, at full left lock the horn button would hit the tank... that'll remind you to adjust the bars. :D)

I'm not sure about the Cycle Cat bar sliders. The CC website states that they fit Cycle Cat bars...

I bought a set with the risers. I tried both and liked them without the risers better, but it might be worth the extra $15 to have the options. I even know someone who ran them with the risers down to get the bars below the to of the tripleclamp.

--Fillmore

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Fillmore. Sounds like they will work for what I want. I did find another link where some guys are running them and seemed pleased. Even got a peek in the photos to see the new riding position. Good cheap way to go I think.

I will probably drop the extra $15 to get the risers. Worth it for the added options.

Thanks again, MWB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts