Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a new battery and a new starter rellay but the clicking sound is still there. I have also tried cleaning the wires this is a 695 monster 07. Any help would be greatful thank you

·
Registered
166 Posts
I take it you replaced the solenoid because it was clicking?
Does the bike start?
Its not the fuel pump priming up?
Not of lot of info to go on in your post.
Might be a stuck start button.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Is the grounding wire that comes off the ECU on the battery or on a good ground? I had the same experience when I hooked up the grounding wire to my battery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What clicking are we talking about?
I take it you replaced the solenoid because it was clicking?
Does the bike start?
Its not the fuel pump priming up?
Not of lot of info to go on in your post.
Might be a stuck start button.
The bike isn't starting up at all the dash lights up and there is a rapid clicking. I accidentally touched the two wire that go into the starter solenoid and the bike started to turn over.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The 2 small wires to the solenoid or the battery positives that it operates?
I think it's a earth or starter button issue.
Just a guess.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the 2 main wires that go on to the solenoid. I will look into the earth and starter button just incase. I appreciate the help mate

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would definitely recommend disconnecting the battery before replacing or messing with the high current cables on the solenoid in the future. I might start fresh by disconnecting the battery if it isn't already. Disconnect the small grey connector going to the solenoid before reconnecting the battery, and pull the main fuse. This will eliminate those rapid power fluctuations that sometimes occur when attaching the battery leads. Getting the screw threads lined up on the lugs and so forth can strain things with rapid on off cycling. Once the battery is reconnected and everything is good and tight, pop the main fuse back in with one swift push. That way the system only has to deal with that initial shock one time. With the trigger wires disconnected, there should be no way for the solenoid to be doing anything. I'm guessing this clicking is coming from one or both of the relays for lights and fuel/ignition. You can tell by touching them with your finger if they're cycling rapidly. Although a pretty bold move, accidentally jumping the solenoid shouldn't cause any lasting damage to the electrical system. My guess would be that it was just enough to set off something on the brink of trouble to begin with. Such as the main connector going to the ignition key switch itself. Those are prone to getting weak over the years causing problems with the relays.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same bike and the same issue, although my battery is old and needs replacing. I put it on trickle charge after the battery died (and before issue started) Once charged and reinstalled, the bike did start up. I let it sit for a week and the issue popped up. Rough guess for my issue is the battery is too low- while you have a new battery, are you sure it is a 'good' battery? I mean, it may be new but is it 'healthy'? I clicked (follow) for this thread and will post if I find any useful information... and please report if you have a resolution.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts