Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put one of these on their Monster? They're DOT approved, but I'm wondering if they offer better visibility of the brake light from behind, thereby making you safer. I like the look, FWIW.

http://www.customdynamics.com/ducati.htm

If you've bought one, where? Easy to replace existing light?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey Scooty: I think they are much brighter. They look pretty cool too especially on a dark version monster. Takes about 2 minutes to replace the lense and bulb. Got mine from FBF.

Lee

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got mine from ebay. I think it looks better than stock.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Daffe has one on his bike. Getting one for mine too after the tailchop this weekend.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AZ, which one are you looking to buy? Got a Web site?

·
Registered
783 Posts
I love my clear tail, got it on ebay and it is much brighter than the stock unit. I don't need a extra light for the plate.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got one from clearalternatives, also got the led bulb, MUCH brighter, and 'quicker'. looking for led turn signals all the way around. anybody got a source?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm getting my rear light and turn signals blacked-out. As soon as I stop ridding the darn thing all the time... ;D

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Hey Scootyman I have one and I think it is great it is plenty bright and looks good too i got it from the sight you posted

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
don't forget to get the 2-toned LED bulb for it as well... has some white LEDs on the bottom that illuminates the license plate with a white light rather than a red one.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Buy one of the 1.85" 48-LED cluster bulbs, they are MUCH brighter than stock. I would not recommend anything else personally, I found that the 16-LED cluster I had before was quite dim, especially during the day.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Scooty,

I didn't notice that you asked me about the clear lens website. I think someone else mentioned this website:

www.clearalternatives.com

I haven't got mine yet but I like the look, especially Hanjin's bike! He has the same clear, arrow signals I used to have until the tailchop I recently did. Now I have flushmount, clear signals under the side panels. That clear brakelight is going to look NICE!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the responses. I purchased from Motostrano -- got the LED bulbs, too, which should make the taillight pretty bright. Worth a few extra bucks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts