Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

My wife just got herself a 2003 M800. I have been looking for some sort of tank protector. I have decided to try an outfit, which will custom cut a 3M clear plastic product normally used to protect the front of cars from chips. It is not suppose to affect the finish on the tank, and if I am not satisfied with it, it is removable. Has anybody in the list tried this approach and if so, what was your experience? Thanks.

Coqui

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I've used it, it's great stuff. It clings to the surface without any adhesive & stays put, but is easily removed by hand. I use it for sadlebag protection on my Guzzi, it's really durable.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Do you have a website or phone number for this thing?

G

·
got one as well. i actually found the side pieces to not fit quite right, but the main portion that protects against belt rubbing/etc..., fits very well. it's a bit of a pain to install without any airbubbles, but that may be cuz i've got 10 thumbs!

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I also ordered from tankslappers. I found it easier to install by soaking in vary warm water first. Especially where there are curvy places. Also use plenty of water/alcohol mix when installing. I used 2 parts water, 1 part rubbing alcohol. This helps dry the water out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts