Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy I hope there are some alternatives to this crap. Purchased a set of front/rear Clear Alternative lenses from Motowheels for the 999s. Atrocious fit, glue coming out of the joints, arc of the front wasn't accurate, rears fit correctly but are slightly off level from each other (none of this is MW's fault). Would return them if it wasn't a PITA to get a refund.

Don't know what they make for the Monster, but it's not going on my S4Rs.

Take your chances.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have Clear Alternatives tail light with LED board on my Monster fits great and works fine.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
kopfjager said:
I have Clear Alternatives tail light with LED board on my Monster fits great and works fine.
+1

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
You should send it back for an exchange. If we have a better one in stock, we will send you another one. Every once in awhile we get a bad one from Clear Alternatives.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I don't mean to flame here but why didn't you call MW to explain what happened? As a good company they are willing to stand behind the product they sell judging by the response to your thread.

I know you didn't flame MW for this but atleast try to clear up the problem before airing your complaints in a public forum. Crap happens.... I understand. By the way...my CA stuff works/looks perfect.

C

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Since when did people become such whiners? It seems that every day now theres a complaint about something and it seems they didnt try to resolve the issue by themselves. It amazes me at how easily people would rather bitch and moan about a product or company to a whole slew of people they dont know rather than deal with it on their own.

Isnt there a way that you arent allowed to post until you read and confirm the stickies for "Read before posting"?

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
at least it wasn't the fault of that loser at California Cycleworks.

[cheeky]

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
HyperM3 said:
....It seems that every day now theres a complaint about something and it seems they didnt try to resolve the issue by themselves....

+1
and posting doesn't resolve a problem anyway - PICK UP THE F%$^%# PHONE and solve your problem; if you really have one

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought this board was, at least paritially, to express ones' opinion, in addition to informing others. I have done more follow up with internet parts companies, Ducati, Aprilia, and many others than your limited intellect could possibly fathom Melvin.

Interesting how some members of this board will support expressing opinions, as long as it agrees with their own.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I agree with comleader here. If someone receives a part with shoddy construction or craftsmanship, this is the place to discuss it.

One of the best things about the DML is that you can get firsthand impressions about parts you're considering. Whenever I'm about to buy something, I search the DML to see what people say about it. If I see a number of responses about poor construction, I start considering other options.

There are plenty of good and bad reviews about fitment and quality of Termis and other aftermarket parts, and nobody's complaining about those reviews. I don't see why we should exempt Clear Alternatives if they are allowing flawed products to be sold.

CW

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
comleader said:
I thought this board was, at least paritially, to express ones' opinion, in addition to informing others. I have done more follow up with internet parts companies, Ducati, Aprilia, and many others than your limited intellect could possibly fathom Melvin.

Dude...cut Melvin a break..he's from that country thats an island thats in the ocean some where. I'm not so smart either.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I ordered a CA LED tailight board and when it arrived it did'nt work. I emailed them and within 3 days I had a new one on my door step through fed ex. They did'nt question anything I had done or anything on my end, they simply apologized for the inconvenience and sent me a new one lickity split.
That's my only dealing with them, but I was quite impressed with their service.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CW - nicely put. I have been on so many boards lately where opinions are seemingly not allowed, or more accurately bashed, when different than some members experience.

I have a CA tailight on my R6 and it is generally a good piece. That's why I was a bit surprised at what I received. A company that issues a product of inconsistent quality is more of a problem than one that is generally good, or generally bad. Those are easy to deal with, and get a fairly consistent response from the buying public.

And I must admit I am tired of dealing with parts that don't fit, or are poor quality. I buy a lot of parts ($200-300/month), so I may see more than the average rider. As such, I have less patience for this kind of thing.

Not retracting my previous post whatsoever. Don't really care if the poster is on an island, or the nearest star. No excuse for that kind of post (IMHO) over something like this.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Once you resolve your issue, let us know how it worked out.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
christianweisser said:
There are plenty of good and bad reviews about fitment and quality of Termis and other aftermarket parts, and nobody's complaining about those reviews. I don't see why we should exempt Clear Alternatives if they are allowing flawed products to be sold.

CW
Apples and oranges. Youre talking about fitmen issues with Termis which is a known problem. Its not like they will be pulled off the market or stop being sold. Its Caveat Emptor, know what youre getting into. You do enough research you find people with posts about these issues and how they rectified them. You dont go back to the shop where you bought them and complain that they dont fit right.

With the CA lights you dont find people consistantcly complaining about defects or manufacturing problems. Thats something you take up with where you bought it because they will probably exchange or refund the purchase. Its not the same situation knowing beforehand like the Termis.

What the problem here is that people are complaining about issues they can resolve on their own with the place they bought it from. So what if you have an issue with a product, its one in a thousand or even more. Dont complain to the forum that ALL of that manufacturers products are bunk, thats silly. One bad apple does a tree not make.

I own a cell phone store. Every so often theres a bad phone. Its not my fault the phone was bad nor is it the carriers. You dont go on the forum and blast me or the carrier for having a defective phone (which isnt even the right people to blame) before you get in touch wtih me or customer service to rectify the issue. But thats what people are doing.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Haven't any of you people ever heard of Quality control... He's just posting his experience with the company. So chill out! :-*

·
Registered
178 Posts
I agree. When I first read Comleader's post I thought it was a bit of a whinge. However, on second read, he clearly states that it's not MotoWheels fault and if it wasn't such a PITA he'd send them back.

That leaves us with a single point that he's making. If you are buying this particular product for your bike, consider his feedback along with all the other feedback you find and make an 'informed' decision. He doesn't like them (or at least the ones he got), gm2 and melvin do. The forum's working... [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
I think Clear Alternatives needs to set up a quality control test jig so they can fit test the stuff before it goes in the box and make sure the right things go in the box by including a packing list. We have had issues with their quality control. We check the boxes when they come in but we don't open shrink wrapped or taped boxes. We don't have a way to fit check them so we are usually looking for broken pieces.

However to the Clear Alternatives credit, they do take care of any problems when they come up. I have a lot of manufacturors that will argue with you instead...but it still is a pain to deal with.

·
Registered
726 Posts
It's not apples and oranges, Hyper, and please don't tell me what I'm talking about. I have read a number of posts describing the craftsmanship of Termis, specifically how the riveting, welds, etcs have declined in quality in recent years. This is not the same thing as fitment.

We are talking about product quality here. If someone receives a product that has a defect, they should be free to describe it on this board. We can only determine quality of a product based upon individual experiences. You say that issues with a product are one in a thousand, but that assumes that all manufacturers have the same quality standards and the same percentage of defective products that are placed on the market. Some manufacturers spend more time in quality assurance, and others do not. I would personally like to know beforehand if a number of people have received defective products, as that might mean my likelihood of getting a defective product from that company is greater.

You need to read comleaders initial post more carefully. You suggest that he "blasted" Motowheels, which is ridiculous. He didn't make a negative statement about MotoWheels--in fact, he gave a disclaimer saying they weren't at fault. Perhaps you are overly sensitive to the shopowners perspective, since you are one. Most of us on this board are consumers and customers.

The bigger issue here seems to be your desire to control what people say and how they say it. Quit trying to be a moderator.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.