Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe we need a classified forum? Although there is a classified section on this site, I do see a benefit in being able to communicate with the seller.

The recent outbreak of spam threads concern me.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yeah, I agree. I think you have to pay for the classified section and that makes sense for folks who just come here to sell but if you put a 50 post min. to start threads on a classified forum it would take care of that. I always need parts and I REALLY need some parts right now so I say start a new section, please!

G

·
that is a good idea. Everytime I have found something on the classified section, it is already sold. If we had a forum, it would be easier to keep track.

G

·
I agree I have some stuff on there and get no responses it is all the same stuf that sells on ebay everyday. when in the classifieds you get no responses. I have ben on some snowmobile forums and have had great results using a format like that.

Erich

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I think an FS board would eventually be just like the classifieds section. I don't generally look at the classifieds because I'm not shopping. I'd blow off the for sale board for the same reason: I just don't have time to read everything. Yet, I'd take advantage of the right opportunity if I came across it.

As the moderator, I'm not yet uncomfortable with the level of spam here in Accessories and Mods.

What I DON't want to see is a bunch of yahoos posting items for sale who have one post to their credit! As far as I'm concerned, anyone who is a regular participant in this forum is entitled to the occasional spam. Hell, even Stuart who's running a business has been sufficiently reserved in his postings. He's not really a regular contributor, but he is a sponsor and that doesn't hurt ;D

If anyone is really put off by the spam, please shoot me a PM and i'll look into it. Frankly, I'm not able to read every post anymore; there's just too much going on.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
At least everyone who's posted items for sale put "SPAM" in big letters at the front... ;D

·
Registered
838 Posts
When I ran the R1 forum we has a Classified forum. But in the title is was spedified no commerical postings. And new members posting parts had to submit there personal info to the admin. This was to prevent the sale of hot parts and disourage wholesalers. It was closely watch and posts deleted if at all questionable. It seem to work fine.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I too support a classified forum. Just being able to reply to ads instead of having them be just ads, is invaluable. It automatically puts the heat on bad sellers and buyers by making the posting a publically discussed issue.

Every other forum I know of has a classified section except for this one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts