Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Florence at the moment, but just came off the most incredible scooter ride through Cinque Terre. (Yeah, scooters, quit yer snickering.) I used to say the CA coast was the most beautiful ride in the world, but now I'd have to rethink that. Plus when you get done riding you're not at a Dennys, but a trattoria eating riso with seafood and drinking great local wine. (Hey Adrian, the riso had octopii the size of your thumbnail and you'd have been proud - I ate 'em all. Jackie was a big weenie and gave all of her calamari and octopus to me.) Oh, and the gelato is pretty great too.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello from Firenze and to let you know I'm helping to keep demand for the local Chianti way up.

M

·
Registered
769 Posts
Sounds like so much fun, can't wait to hear more about your trip :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
I did the scooter thng in Rome and Firenze last year, it really is the most beautiful place on earth! I am Italian, so my views may be bias! Have a great time

·
Registered
423 Posts
There should be a green emoticon jealous with envy. Have a great time!

How do you feel about smuggling back some sopressata? I'd ask for some of those scrumptious octopii, but I don't think they'd hold very well across the transatlantic flight.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Ummmm....yeah.... you suck. [cheeky]

errr...I mean WOW!! You must be having a fantastic time! I'm so happy for you! [laugh]

Actually, you can take that last part as truth. The little bit I've seen of Italy has been fabulous. I'd love to go back at some point, and making an annual visit like you have the past couple of years in a row would be a lot of fun. Hopefully we'll get to see some photos soon.

Enjoy!
'belle

·
Registered
191 Posts
Awwww you only rode through Cinque Terre? But it's such a beautiful walk as well! Ideal secluded beaches all along the way through the five towns. C'era una buona pasticceria a Riomaggiore. Mangia torta di nonna per me!

·
Registered
876 Posts
ciao michael -

cool that your riding scooters in italy ... perhaps your pant legs will not get burned this time [cheeky]

be sure to post photos when you return,

ciao,
johnc

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
datv said:
There should be a green emoticon jealous with envy. Have a great time!

How do you feel about smuggling back some sopressata? I'd ask for some of those scrumptious octopii, but I don't think they'd hold very well across the transatlantic flight.
I don't think I'd get it past the sniffing beagles at the airport. ,)

BTW, we happened upon a slow food festival in Orvieto and tried out some of the most incredible salame and cheeses ever. I even got a 'Regiano-Parmigiano' hat. How cool is that?

Presently in Montepulciano, checking out the whole 'vino nobile' thing. So far all the wine is A-OK. [thumbsup]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts