Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen a chrome seat cowl? Id love to get one for my 01 cromo.

·
Registered
760 Posts
You have 2 possiblely 3 obvious choices.

1) get a perfect plastic one and have that chrome plated
2) get the aluminum DP one and have it polished (and if you're anything like me, be let down every time you compare it to the chrome tank, it's close but no cigar)
3) after having the aluminum DP one polished, then get it chromed and it will finally match.

Polished Aluminum

Chromed

Chromed

Best of luck and please post pictures of what you end up doing

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet Cromo, Cromo! I gotta know what clutch cover you have...first thing I bought was a silver billet MPL cover......red spring retainers and SS springs are on the way. What headlights are those? Ive got duals but they are fully enclosed projector style....dont know the manufacturer....

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
chromed plastic won't be nearly as durable as chromed metal... I'd go for the DP Al cowl and plating if that's the look you want [thumbsup]

·
Registered
760 Posts
I believe the RoadRacing one is polished aluminum not chrome, but I'm not sure. They look sweet though, especially if you've got other carbon bits.

Thanks! Clutch cover is a CycleCat and the headlights I got from Stuart at Spareshack.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
supertjeduc said:
Roadracing has some ,they are half chrome half cf
2001cromo said:
I believe the RoadRacing one is polished aluminum not chrome, but I'm not sure.
yeah, I think the RoadRacing bits are polished aluminum to match their polished aluminum gas tanks.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
RR is polished alu.

G

·
I have been interested in RR's tank for some time, but have never been able to get in touch with anyone who can actually procure one. Anyone have any luck?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what is roadracings web address? I tried but couldnt fint them. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
This month Featured Monster got on from Spareshack, one of the DML sponsors.
Worth a try, he got lotsa Monster parts and Stuart is a nice guy.

G

·
greenmonster said:
This month Featured Monster got on from Spareshack, one of the DML sponsors.
Worth a try, he got lotsa Monster parts and Stuart is a nice guy.
Tried him - never got a response.

there's another thread going - concerning a sponsor that hasn't responded to e-mails. Lots of people who defend the sponsor, I've done quite a bit of business with him myself, never had a problem. But I gotta' say, if you're doing business over the INTERNET, you should really try to respond to email in a timely manner. I don't get it.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you!

G

·
I'll echo the sentiments on polishing the Al. one. It looks good polished, but it's never going to match the tank. I got mine very close to a mirror shine then changed my mind and decided it looked better with a slightly satin finish.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I saw a chrome tail piece yesterday on flebay.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.