Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not posting this up in general because it comes across wrong for the big audience, but I have a question...

Got permission from Gwendy for a price point for Winter mods.

My current wish list is: Clipons: I want much lower and cafe racerish. Current thought is Cyclecat as they are very high quality and very adjustable. Their top triple clamp won't work on the s4rs due to the geometry change (much time on the phone with Chis from Cyclecat) but I can leave the stock triple and put the clipons on anyway.

Rearsets: The cyclecat are gorgeous. I want just a touch higher, but mostly this is cosmetic as the current ones are not up to the standard of the rest of the bike.

With the cyclecat bars I need new mirrors as thier barends are different diameters. Thinking rizoma 851s on the very low clipons would work.

This would push the budget out to what I am allowed (approx 1K) pre install.

What am I leaving out? Track day budget for next year is intact and not effected. Steering damper will be birthday in February (or bike's birthday in April).

Any other suggestions? Maybe woodcraft clipons and some carbon goodies with the difference (that plastic chain guard has to go).

Please help me decide

And it may mean the DP sport classic mirrors are up for grabs unless Gwendy wants them. Hey, on that note... anyone want to sell their 620 for Christmas? Gwendy needs a bike.

Chris

·
Registered
124 Posts
Will the selling of the mirrors put you back below your x-mas budget if you get the clip ons and rear sets?

What about clip ons and damper for x-mas and rearsets for your and bike's b-day?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Debating about what damper to get as the clipons ruin the top mounts so I think ohlins side mount. This way I'd ride for a bit and then add it in the Spring to tell the difference.

Chris

But this is the type of feedback I'm looking for. Thanks Scott.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ive got it...Ill trade you my SBK front end including the clipons for your forks and brakes. That way you can take the clip on purchase out of your budget. Hell, Ill even throw in my extra set of clip ons. ;)

As far as your plans, I would probably do the clip ons and damper at the same time. I'm not sure if the side mount damper has a hinged clamp or you have to pull down the forks. If you do have to, it would be nice to kill two birds with one stone.

N

·
0 Posts
The woodcraft clip ons are great. I'm planning on putting them my SBK. Unless you need the adjustability of the cyclecats I would suggest those.

Also I know a low milage, less than 3k, 04 620 that is for sale. Let me know if your intersted and I can put you in touch with the seller.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Yes Chris, i want to sell my 620.

Seriously. The ST4s i bought is the perfect moto for me. I doubt the 620 would get ridden much so it should go to someone who'll ride it.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Statler said:
Not posting this up in general because it comes across wrong for the big audience, but I have a question...

Got permission from Gwendy for a price point for Winter mods.

My current wish list is: Clipons: I want much lower and cafe racerish. Current thought is Cyclecat as they are very high quality and very adjustable. Their top triple clamp won't work on the s4rs due to the geometry change (much time on the phone with Chis from Cyclecat) but I can leave the stock triple and put the clipons on anyway.

Rearsets: The cyclecat are gorgeous. I want just a touch higher, but mostly this is cosmetic as the current ones are not up to the standard of the rest of the bike.

With the cyclecat bars I need new mirrors as thier barends are different diameters. Thinking rizoma 851s on the very low clipons would work.

This would push the budget out to what I am allowed (approx 1K) pre install.

What am I leaving out? Track day budget for next year is intact and not effected. Steering damper will be birthday in February (or bike's birthday in April).

Any other suggestions? Maybe woodcraft clipons and some carbon goodies with the difference (that plastic chain guard has to go).

Please help me decide

And it may mean the DP sport classic mirrors are up for grabs unless Gwendy wants them. Hey, on that note... anyone want to sell their 620 for Christmas? Gwendy needs a bike.

Chris
Rearsers: What about Rizoma? Just a tought.

Mirrors: I think the Rizoma 'Prototypes' are pretty sweet. They need mount points on your master cylinder clamps though.... so I can't use up. Grrr

·
Registered
302 Posts
it's my understanding that the rizoma mirros your mentioned are lovely, but useless for actually seeing anything.

crg hindesights are a popular alternative, and should work fine at the ends of clip-ons. i have just one napolean bar-end on the left side and it's worked very well.... but they're ugly.

people seems to like woodcraft products, i hear they're very nice as well.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have the Rizoma "Reverse" mirrors and love them (upper pic). Small but work fine. My son has the "Impulsive" mirrors on his M900Sie (lower pic). They are EU-legal. I really favor http://www.carpimoto.com/ as a source for all things Rizoma. Very reliable and ship quickly. FWIW.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
PJ and Paige (www.pjsparts.com) have a very good selection of Rizoma wears. Their based right by deals gap, so stuff shows up quickly. Also they have the best prices on Rizoma parts I've found. The numbers listed on Capri for prices were about the same... but in Euro making them 28% more costly per item...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts