Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered a Monster Art Kit and just couldn't wait to see how it looked. So I got it out this weekend and put it together. Pretty easy to do and you can change back in forth in about 30 minutes. Anyway here we go, let me know what you think?

Before:

After:

Amazing how easy everything was to take off and put back on. I really think Ducati has struck gold here, who wouldn't want to be able to switch your bike from black to orange to white to whatever you want within about 20/30 minutes max. There's really endless possiblities here, I just hope Ducati has noticed it and maybe even thought about advertising it a little more next time.

The Ducati dealerships I talked to had never even heard of it, and I had to take them to their site and show it to them. Then they didn't even know how to order it, but once they did service was great and it came in quick.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thought I would post some other pics that I enjoyed.

Cool Pic..check out the 696 in the reflection.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Finally she bought the bike and it's her Christmas present to me so I gotta put up a picture of the wife. She bought this bike for me as a wedding gift and I told her she's the coolest first grade teacher ever when she rode it to school one day. Not many first grade teachers ride Ducati's but she's not an ordinary first grade teacher.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks nice. I wish they made something like that for my '07 S4R. I have the titanium, but wish I could have red parts too. Don't want to drop the $$$ for all the pieces to do it though.

My wife teaches 1st grade too. Don't you wish you could teach? I often tell my wife I want to teach, but I don't want the teacher salary.

Congrats on a cool bike, cool mod, and cool wife.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Dont worry about taking too many pics.. is always good

so many times I regret not taking pics.. during builds and stuff.. when u want to share etc and u can't..

i always wanted to see the bike without the covers.. thanks to ur pics I have..

btw.. how much does the monster art kit cost?

do they make a CF version?

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah being a teacher is a great job. Great hours, pay isn't bad, retirement plan is awesome. She's pretty cool, last week she took the Ducati and her mom, who just go her license, came over and took Tracy's Ninja 250 out and they went on their first mother daughter ride.

The Monster Kit runs about $650 to 700, he said he gave me 15% off because I bought the bike there but it didn't show on the purchase order. And no they don't make a carbon fiber version, although if they did I'd probably think about it. I do think I'm going to buy some of the carbon fiber parts for it..tank gaurd ect.... I think it'll look great with the Orange.

Althought the next purchase is bar end mirrors, because I can't see anything out of the stock ones.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I ordered a Monster Art Kit and just couldn't wait to see how it looked. So I got it out this weekend and put it together. Pretty easy to do and you can change back in forth in about 30 minutes. Anyway here we go, let me know what you think?

Before:

After:

Amazing how easy everything was to take off and put back on. I really think Ducati has struck gold here, who wouldn't want to be able to switch your bike from black to orange to white to whatever you want within about 20/30 minutes max. There's really endless possiblities here, I just hope Ducati has noticed it and maybe even thought about advertising it a little more next time.

The Ducati dealerships I talked to had never even heard of it, and I had to take them to their site and show it to them. Then they didn't even know how to order it, but once they did service was great and it came in quick.
Nice! Any chance you want to swap your black tank...etc for my red ones? My red skins...etc are in showroom condition as I only have 300 miles on my 696.

Thanks,

Jon

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No sorry, I still love my black skins. Although I've heard a few guys on this forum say they took their tank ect... back to their dealer and asked for a different color shortly after buying it and the dealer swapped them.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No, won't have any problems with cops. They just check the number on the registration matches the bike, otherwise no one could ever change the color of their bike/car.

I did just order a CF Rear Hugger from MotoWheels.com. Found it down in the vendor secion, they're having some nice deals.

·
Registered
58 Posts
No, won't have any problems with cops. They just check the number on the registration matches the bike, otherwise no one could ever change the color of their bike/car.

I did just order a CF Rear Hugger from MotoWheels.com. Found it down in the vendor secion, they're having some nice deals.
I just bought the cf hugger from motowheels and the cf looks nice but the hugger is warped. The hugger droops on the left side. So even though the cf is good quality it looks like crap. I'm going to see if they will exchange tomorrow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts