Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I got my tail chopped, brackets made and the license plate on. I just dont' know what to do with my plate light. I took it out of housing and have just a bulb hanging right now. When looking at most chopped tails I don't even see the light. So are you guys just hiding it well or what.

travis

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I just eliminated mine. Without the fender the plate gets lit with the light from the bottom of the tail light.

--Fillmore

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Also quite simple to hole saw a small circle out of the underside of the tail light lense and glue on a piece of clear plastic such as a parts bin drawer divider.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
When you say you removed it you just mean you unplugged the bulb and tucked the wires under right?

That's what I just did. Going to wrap some rubber around the open ended connectors just to prevent water from getting in where the bulb used to be.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i installed a small led.. above mine it was suppose to be clear but i bought the wrong one so its purple........ il fix on day it in members section

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Interestingly, I noticed that the MZ Skorpion Tour has what seems to be an identical tail lamp to the Monster, but with a clear area underneath for lighting the plate.

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/061757/

I also overheard someone about Moto Guzzi using something similar but was not able to confirm it.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
I took mine and routed the wiring for it under the seat and mounted on the underside of my tail. Like its mounted right behind the suspension loop mounted to the plastic tray. When I get my CF rear hugger I think it will look pretty cool to have it illuminated at night by the old license plate light :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
i just disconnected the bulb/housing and just wrapped the wires and tucked neatly w/ the other wires under the seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts