Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok boys...for any of you debating doing a tail chop...this here chick did it. took me some time but i managed all on my own. it was fun and easier than i thought. the only thing that took time was figuring out how to put it all together and fabricating the brackets. we have a bicycle shop so we have lots of brakets and goodies, so i found black rack and reflector brackets. used a hacksaw, a drill press (my husband has a full wood shop in the basement with all kinds of tools), and loctite mostly. had to buy some longer bolts to come up through the frame to secure the L brackets, then added a cross member to the L brackets for the turn signals and tailight. i wasn't freaked about cutting the frame at all, and knowing this site is here for info and pics gives you all the confidence you need.

this was the first mod that i was able to do start to finish by myself...so here ya go guys...even a chick can do it - what more inspiration do you need!!!

julie

ps. i'd post pics but i'm not to good at that stuff!

julie

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
Re: chick chops tail...

sounds like you did a killer job on it. when i first chopped, and made my own bracketing, it was just flimsy strip aluminum we had around the apartment.

(this is why i now have one of cookie1's kits.)

now what you need to do is track down somebody who is "good at that stuff," and get us pictures! ;D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

IZ...we are going to have to do something about that reading problem of yours ;). in the meantime i can take the pics, but how do i post them?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

At the bottom of your post page you will see additional options, click there browse for your pics click and post

·
Registered
103 Posts

what did ya do to 'prep' the new end of the frame. Paint it to reseal it? get plugs from somewhere?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Scrufdog said:
what did ya do to 'prep' the new end of the frame. Paint it to reseal it? get plugs from somewhere?
heh heh...my daughter had black nail polish (it dries really fast!) then we had some bar plugs at work. i debated on the paint color since the frame is like a ti color, but the plugs were black so it worked best. i have pics if someone can help me post them.

julie

·
Registered
1,217 Posts

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

·
Registered
1,217 Posts

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
[thumbsup] Julie, its looking f'kin cool, nice job

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Whoa !..........the "chick" did a tailchop and has an S4 [clap] [clap] [clap] good 4 you. Frankly, I don't think it matters if you are either gender. Just gotta want to do it. great job Julie! [thumbsup]
MM

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MichMonsterS4 said:
Whoa !..........the "chick" did a tailchop and has an S4 [clap] [clap] [clap] good 4 you. Frankly, I don't think it matters if you are either gender. Just gotta want to do it.
MM
yeah your right mich about the gender thing, but it made for good press! ;) and that is definitely it...ya just gotta want to do it...it took me a year and a half until i was certain that i wanted to do it...tell you what there is a lot of satisfaction in doing something yourself. ;D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts