Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright fools, we keep talking and talking about riding, lets actually set it up. Who is interested in going out tomorrow (Saturay) around 2pm for a nice stint? Weather should be high 60's and no rain. I'm up for meeting in the city and riding north or west.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
play on, the sun's out. me and 800darkdread are gonna meet up. where you other fella's at? 2PM let's meet at Starbucks in Northbrook - 243 Skokie Blvd 60062

jason, ducboy, i pmed my cellie to you. call if anything changes cause i won't be online....

·
0 Posts
I'm there TDaddy. Guys let's get going and stop writing on these boards! From the city hit 94 west till you get to lake cook road, exit, take two lefts and look out on the left. Shoot me a pm for my cell number.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in and up for a ride. Who lives in the city and wants to meet up and ride out to the starbucks?

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I just got back from the Carribian and I will be picking up my Monster from MCC for the 6000 mile check up. And I missed the chicago area ride I think.

Mark

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
wussup folks, here's a quick pic of our bikes parked last saturday. it was a cold ass day. jason_s4 says there's an indian summer coming up so let's hook up! oct. 4th or 5th work out for me. who else is in?? Jason, you gonna have some new gloves by then?

there is NOTHING like riding in a pack of monsters, all with aftermarket exhausts... to cool 8)

V

·
0 Posts
sorry i missed out on the ride. had prior engagements already so couldnt meet up. maybe next time.

where did u guys end up riding?

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
play on playa! we didn't ride too much, it was FREEZING in the afternoon! we just rode around the winnetka/evanston area for a bit, nothing spectacular. this weekend looks like the weather will be near 70! shall we plan a longer ride in less-traffic areas?

T

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Definitely a good time... Thanks Ruben and Ron for coming out. I wont have a new pair of gloves by then. I say we meet up Sunday morning around 11 (If possible) and ride. It took me about 20 minutes to thaw when I got home... Maybe next time I shouldn't race an M3 on a 55 degree day.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Figures, another weekend I'm outta town and people meet up. The bikes look great! Doubt I woulda made it though, kinda far from me and the weather was cold I heard. Hopefully, if this weekends weather is good and it's not too far, I'll be there. I'm dyin to see and hear other monsters!!

·
0 Posts
Regarding Octber 4th...

I have a party/cookout we can raid for free food and drinks in Grayslake. It's on Westerfield off of 120 west. It's my ex-boss who's throwing this gig and I OK'd it with her already. She's cool. We can all met at one place and go from there.Since we got cats from the city rolling, I'm thinking we can meet on 41 somewhere around Noon and roll on up. The season is changing so we gotta get things rolling, you know? I'm trying to get mad monsters together and raid this neighborhood. TDADDY know's the roads up north so he'll be the map quester in the area. Of course we should hit the city and represent on those Jap bikes that seem to be all over and let them know what's really going on. What it be like y'all? y'all ready?

Jason, we can hook up Sunday too. It's all good. I was trying to keep up with you on the way back but traffic was killing me dog. I broke out the battery operated gloves today 'cause it was colder than a muh this morning. Hey, your rear tire was a 180 right? HOLLA!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That was a good ride home, traffic sucked though. I was splitting lanes left and right. My rear tire is the stock 180, now that I know I can fit a 190.....

As long as the weather is favorable I'm definitely in for a Sunday ride.

·
0 Posts
That 180 is tight though! When we were hitting the twisties I kept watching your rear tire and it looked like a wide bulldog! I gotta get a wider tire now. Found out about the Ducati school. Too bad it is in Florida! Yeah right! It's give me more reason to go down there.

TDADDY. What's up with that other flick with the three weird ass kids?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For the Ducati school do you have to bring your own bike? Either way, could be a fun future trip.

My old bike had a 160. While it sounds shallow, I wasn't going to purchase a bike that had anything less than a 180. Anyone who tells you size doesn't matter.... they're FOS.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
i'll roll out, free grub and cool 50 yr old chicks!!!! what movie are you talking about? adventures in babysitting?

so saturday get some chicago people together and meet me at the old highland house?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We have to put something together for sunday too. Although, right now weather.com is saying 56 degrees for Saturday and Sunday. I'm definitely in for a ride if the air temperature passes 60 on Sunday.

·
0 Posts
I'll ride Sunday if it's 40 degrees. I learned how to ride and taught myself in January through March on my dual sport. I just like riding man!

TDADDY, the 50 year old's got their own agenda. Mine is to get us some free food and a pit stop. Catch a love jones if you want dog! :D

Didn't get the tire yet. Had some business to take care of. Will get it soon though.

I'm calling Florida now about the school. It seems like a residency program. 40 hours a week, 8-4:30 PM, 20 weeks. Will get more info shortly.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh wait, you're not talking about the riding school you're talking about mechanic school. I want to find a Ducati riding school, do they offer anything like that around Chicago?

1 - 20 of 188 Posts