Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys...
Short notice as it is but I want to arrange a meet up Friday night before the expected weekend rain. I've been trying to do this for some time now and we gotta do it before the end of the summer. Let's get some replies going so we can arrange a place.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm in but I was going to start doing some work on the bike. I guess I should wait until it is raining. i live at Diversey and Southport and am willing to meet up anywhere after 6:00 PM. Let me know....

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I've been waiting for a meet up but I'm going to Inkin Lincoln friday night. We usually go on saturdays, but I'm going to cancun on saturday!! 8) Keep me posted, when I get back, I'd be up for a get together.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good! I finally got some replies! It looks like it's rain this evening and from the doppler it looks like it's raining right now! Sunday afternoon looks good though. We gotta link up guys somehow. Next sunny day let's do it.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
dang, stupid weather!!! well i'll be down for sunday afternoon if it's nice, but i gotta be back for the bears game! then on monday i leave for the city of angels until the 26th. wussup.

WE GOTTA SOME MOFO'S TOGETHER BEFORE WINTER. there. i said it. now it is law.

·
Registered
27 Posts
dam weather. oh well, looks like i'm putting the cycle cat clip ons on tonight. i'll be ready for a ride on sunday but have the same football limitations as TDaddy. Let's pick a spot...

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
I'd definitely be interested in meeting up too. Have to be somewhere at noon, but 1:30pm and after are clear. Hopefully the weather is too...need some sunshine!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After talking to TDaddy a poker run on Sunday would work out best. We should meet at Lake Cook Road off of 90/94 at the Starbucks. TDaddy back me up on the directions. Coming from Chicago it should be 90/94 West, exit Lake Cook Road and go west. Take the first left at the light and the strip mall should include Starbuck. Sunday at 1 PM.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We need to organize a Mid-west chapter for the monsters out here. We need to get a list of guys who really want to get involved whole-heartedly and are serious. I'd like to see a nice unit out here like the Harley cats and the CBR and GSX cats do. Guys if you're serious shoot me a PM so we can talk further and get a list going. Can anyone give advice (from experience) on how to organize a chapter? It should be pretty simple but I'm concerned about gathering enough heads.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
OK, Sunday looks like the skies will be clearing up in the afternoon over chitown. here are places and times we'll be (weather permitting), feel free to hook up with us!
1PM Starbucks in Northbrook - 243 Skokie Blvd 60062
2PM McD's near CCC - 6900 N Western Ave 60645
3PM Mobil - 3092 Skokie Hwy (hwy41) 60064

So join up and peel off at anytime. I figured it would be easiest if we post meeting places at various places. In the future if you've got something better, let us know!

Get your clipons on, your slipons slipped and before heading out, check in here to make sure it's still happening (keep your fingers and toes crossed!)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Weather destroyed all hope for last Sunday. I think we should try again next Sunday. Who's in?

Also, I keep seeing this dark monster on Dempster Street in Skokie around 4 PM any one of you cats?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not me! i'm in for a sunday ride. the clip ons went on well and so far, i love em. let's hope the weather holds out...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would get a week night ride going. Can't tonight, cubs game but any other night this week works...

What about one evening this week (for any city riders) we could tear up LSD.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I still have hope...
A ride scheduled for this week sounds good to me even if it's just for a short time. Again, the goal is to get together. I'm available anytime after 2 PM ( I work early hours) so you guys know how to contact me, if not, shoot me a PM and we can exchange numbers. I'm a night rider, 6 or 7 PM gathering and go. Location is the issue now. There's a bar named "Players" on Ashland, near the intersection of Ashland and Fullerton. Let's raid the bar. I heard the owner is an ex-racer and a speed junkie. As someone who really wanta to meet up, I will be there Thursday and Friday at 6:30-7 PM. I'll wait till about 7:20 then I'm putting some miles on Dread. If this sounds good, be there.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I can't make Thursday as I have class. I might be able to do some Saturday mid morning/mid afternoon riding. The rest of this week will be tough. I really want to see everyone's bikes though. Is anyone up for a mid morning (11am) Saturday morning. We can shoot up LSD up through Glenco and then tear back on the highway?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts