Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the proper way to check the code when the engine diag light comes on? I thought you could push the left toggle switch up while you're stopped until the error code comes up.

My engine light has been going on and off lately for a few secs, but when I try the above to see the code, there's never an error code. Am I doing it right? :confused:

TIA

·
Registered
225 Posts
The codes are not "hidden" or need you to go to the dealer to read them.

If your check engine light comes on, toggle through until you see "Error" then hold the switch down and it will show the error codes, hold it down because sometimes there are more than one, it reads them in three second intervals.

Error message Error

TPS Throttle position sensor
PRESS Pressure sensor
T OIL Oil temperature sensor
T-AIR Air temperature sensor
BATT Battery voltage LOW - HIGH
LAMB Lambda sensor and/or Lambda heater
FUEL Fuel reserve sensor
COIL Horizontal and/or vertical cylinder coil
INJECT Horizontal and/or vertical cylinder injector
START Starter contactor
R INJ Injection relay
PKUP Pickup sensor
SPEED Speed sensor (if present)
IMMO Immobilizer (Key missing or antenna disconnected or key not recognised)
CAN CAN line (Communication between ECU and instrument panel)
LIGHT Lights relay

If you toggle through and don't see "Error" then the system cleared its own fault.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry, it was my understanding that the dealers Ducati Diagnostic System was able to read codes that may not show up under the "Error" listing. The manual states that “a more detailed diagnosis can be obtained using the Ducati Diagnostic Dystem”. I know my engine light has been coming on a lot (just for a few seconds)and I always check to see if it left an error code, not one time has it left a code. Maybe I’m not doing something right, but the Error menu never appears when I toggle through the menus? The dealer hooked my bike up to the Ducati Diagnostic System and was able to get a LAMB error code?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not true. I had a lambda sensor fault and it never showed with a check engine light or anything predictable, it was just running super rich. So I took it in to ask why it's running rich, they plugged it in, found the lambda sensor fault, deleted it so the bike wasn't in "limp home mode", and then it stopped running rich. Now I'm dealing with a possibly plugged fuel filter or fuel injector. ****in' great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts