Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody adjusted the chain tension ?
If yes what is the procedure ?
In the manual Fig. 182, they show a swinging arm screw that I suppose you have to untight and then adjust the chain with the ducati tool.
Does anybody know the torque for the swinging arm screw ?

Thank you

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try searching ...
25 foot pounds in a 1-2-1 sequence
I did not find anything for the Monster 1200. I know that for the multistrada 1200 is 25 foot pounds in a 1-2-1 sequence, but in this Monster I see only one screw and not 2. So the sequence 1-2-1 does not apply of course and I was wondering what is the new torque.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Call Newport Ducati service- they have been super helpful and friendly giving the correct torque on bolts and answering questions. They will definitely be getting all my business in the future. and I live 2hrs away from there shop and purchased from another dealer.

·
Registered
782 Posts
and don't forget the fifty something millimeter star bit thing-a-mah-hoodle you need to loosen the pinch bolt. I just let my dealer do it. They are good people, charge a minimal amount and clean/lube the chain while they are at it. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just adjusted my chain. It's really easy. Just a hair tweek on the eccentric moves the chain a LOT. Got my eccentric tool from california cycle works for $30

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just adjusted my chain. It's really easy. Just a hair tweek on the eccentric moves the chain a LOT. Got my eccentric tool from california cycle works for $30
I adjusted mine too. Yes it is really easy. Mine was loose by 1/2 inch since the 600 miles service. I think the dealer adjusted the chain measuring from the black plastic piece under the swing arm and not from the metal body of the swing arm as specified in the owner manual.

·
Banned
73 Posts
You need a T60 Torx Bit but a T55 will work OK Torgue @ 40nM

Has anybody adjusted the chain tension ?
If yes what is the procedure ?
In the manual Fig. 182, they show a swinging arm screw that I suppose you have to untight and then adjust the chain with the ducati tool.
Does anybody know the torque for the swinging arm screw ?

Thank you
You need a T60 Torx Bit but a T55 will work OK Torgue @ 40nM (= 30 ft-lb) and a eccentric tool (hub) wrench, but you can tap the hub carefully with a screw drive and rubber mallet.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Where is the torx screw located? I looked briefly but didn't see, all I see is the screws for the license plate holder

·
Banned
73 Posts
Torx T60 female head screw is located at the bottom of the back wheel sprocket housing dead center. It is horrizonal to the floor. To loosen go counter clockwise. Don't use your torque wrench to loosen the Torx screw if it is not a reversible one, that will damage the wrench. The manual said to have the bike on the side stand to make the chain adjustment. I did it on my Burzig stand and had it in spec. I then put my M1200S down on the stand and the chain was TOO TIGHT!! So the manual is correct. I watched a YouTube and it said it does not matter. YES IT DOES!!
If I were home I would take some pictures for you.
Ducati used to include in the bike tool kit with a nice little piece of metal that went to the measuring point of the chain which made life simple rather than measuring 1 1/4" from inside the body point behind the chain. The tool kit sucks for a $16,000 bike. Have to buy a M1200/S eccentric wrench for $30 and a T60 Torx 3/8 bit at AutoZone for $6.00 too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Torque is @ 40nM
I believe the torque 40nM torque spec is for the two bolts that get tightened in a 1-2-1 sequence.

Does anyone know the proper torque spec for the single T-60 Torx bolt, as found on my 2016 Monster 1200R?

Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
I believe the torque 40nM torque spec is for the two bolts that get tightened in a 1-2-1 sequence.

Does anyone know the proper torque spec for the single T-60 Torx bolt, as found on my 2016 Monster 1200R?

Thanks
For the big centerlock one on the wheel? I can't remember exactly but it was high enough that you need one of those specialized bigass torque wrenches to do it.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Thanks

The mate is right. The correct torque for the one bolt swingarm is 40nm.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts