Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this while looking at some YSR 50 galleries for ideas on paint schemes

Pretty cool little Monster :D

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't get the image to come up in the post, but it's in my folder in Member Bikes (Mark J)

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
4,533 Posts

I found the pic and posted it. Looks sweet - what is it?

mitt

M

·
0 Posts
That thing is cooler than ice cubes in your underwear! It's further proof of how crazy all the super-mini freaks are. Have any of you seen the $10k+ radical 50s some of these guys are racing on mini supercross tracks? There are kits to convert H*nda minitrail 50 engines into full-blown double overhead cam 124cc manual clutch 5-speed rippers! It's truly insane! I have seen some of these hopped up into mini-motard bikes, but this mini-Duc is quite tasty. You gotta love anyone who can fabricate like that.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure what it really is. It was in a gallery of photos of Yamaha YSR 50s. A lot of people stuff different and bigger engines into the YSRs. The frame looks almost like a YSR, but has an extra spar section under the main section at the front end. The rear suspension looks right for a YSR. The swingarm doesn't look stock, but custom arms are a dime a dozen for YSRs.

There was another bike in the gallery that looked like a YSR with a Kawasaki 2-stroke triple (either 500 or 750) and custom tank and tail painted like a 72 H2 750. I had one of those, and it's scary to think about that engine in a minimoto that weighs only about 200lbs or less.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I'm with Daffe, that bike just doesn't look right. The fram is wrong and the rest of the bike has no flow to it. My vote goes strongly into the UGLY category...

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
It has a Buell frame? And Fatboy tires!

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

I like this, but thats another whole story, gotta change the pipes tho!

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, but keep in mind, that clone is a minimoto. So starting point material is pretty much limited to Yam YSR & TZR, Hon NSR, Suz whatever their mini was, or Derbi. I just saw a pic of a Honda NSR 50, and I think that may be the basic rolling chassis. Where they got those 12 inch spoke wheels I don't know.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
That's awesome! ;D

I really dig all the custom work that musta been done to get the bodywork to look that good.
For those that think it looks sorta funny, I think you missed that it is a 50cc minibike.
I always wanted to make a YSR-version mini replica of my 900SS. The bodywork and the headlite are actually pretty similar.
sorta like this (only i would have done all the correct stickers)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts