Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The October bike is posted, courtesy of Bruce Byrd. Hope ya like RED! Very cool bike, methinks.

BTW, if you want to see your bike or a friend's bike as the Featured Monster, you don't have to donate gobs of money at one of my fundraising dinners, or even promise me a lucrative contract rebuilding Iraq when I'm out of office. All you have to do is post a good picture to the Photo Gallery and drop me a line if you like. Best part is it's free, so you can spend your discretionary dollars on important stuff like billet kickstands and the like.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
speechless..so beautiful..so red..must go cry now.. :'(

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Wow, two New Mexico Monsters in a row...

I guess the lack of anything else to do gives us plenty of time to mess around with our bikes. ;)

--Fillmore

V

·
0 Posts
sweet jesus this months centerfold will be in my dreams for weeks to come ;D ;D

super sweet job Bruce.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Holy Moly, that's nice

Been outa touch for a while and first visit back I see that thing.
Nice job, Bruce. Now that's what I call Ducati Maintenance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks fof the compliments! ;D Its fun to show off for people who know how much work goes into a project like this. Last week a neighbor of mine was pointing out all the cool parts on his showroom stock Heritage Springer Softail while I nodded politely.......he then glances over at the Monster and asks "did you put different wheels on that or something?".
Anyway, to answer your questions it weighs 395lbs on a Intercomp scale. I hope to replace the garden tractor sized battery with something more reasonable (it was sitting around the shop) and put a carbon tank on it in the future to shed another 10lbs of high up weight. (the stock tank weighs a ton!) As far as power output......don't know. It hasn't been on a dyno in its present form but with stock cams and valves it made 87hp and pulled to redline. I'm hoping for mid 90's now........and hoping for a dyno this winter!

Bruce

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Bruce!

That is my 2nd favorite dream Monster! Truly stunning, and my favorite color ::) I think I will make it my screensaver for my birthday month October. Ride Red ;)

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Bruce,

I used to live in Taos; three winters/ski seasons as chef of the old Hondo Lodge (Now The Inn @ Snakedance). I lived in the last big brown house right at the mouth of the canyon before heading up to the ski valley. Man I loved skiing Taos! Dropping into chutes in thigh deep powder.

S

·
0 Posts
it's refreshing to see an example of a monster that's had WAY MORE done to it than my bike. i should send the link to my wife so she can see how much more room i have to reach this special state of mostro-awareness achieved here...
oh, and the tank looks like a tasty gumdrop with that paintjob!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Bruce, very cool! How did you polish the rear sets? Mine has some type of color coating, but would like it to shine like yours.

Bud

1 - 20 of 22 Posts