Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Check out my video!!

950 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Andrew_Cornett 
#1 ·
Well people, I ran my last dyno run today. I had K&N cones, FCR's, sil high pipes, and dyna coils. These mods made a big difference in response from my 750. I had a video shoot all worked out for a before and after but the video camera was late today so I couldn't get the dyno run from today on film. My results from today were 59.8 rwhp and 46.7 lb/ft of torque. The air fuel mixture was right on through the power band between 13-14. The carbs helped alot and I think where I am most impressed with them is in the 4.5 - 7 rpm range which is where I find myself tending to keep the revs anyway. That is great for me. Also it pulls way past 7500 to about 8 real strong which when it had the mikuni's it ran out of steam right at 7.

So the only video I got of it was the first runs with the old cans, old carbs and jet kit, and open K&N. Here that is

http://www.loudbluevolvo.com/videos/dyno-wmv9.wmv

Anyone else have dyno #'s to share?

-Patrick

#3 ·
Re: Dyno run today

Think it was 61hp and 45lb/ft at the crank. I hate to say it but I dyno'd the bike this summer with just a open K&N, Stage II, and low mount Leo's, and got 63 hp and 47 lb/ft . Don't really know why I'm not making more power but I am still very impressed with the carbs. They are so peppy.
-Patrick

#4 ·
Also I would like to say thank you to all of those who helped me get those carbs on, especially Chris and Andrew Cornett. I have learned a ton of information from you guys. I should be good to go.

-Patrick

#5 ·
Good job!

Also, that video really illustrates what the high performance schools teach about the effect throttling up has on raising the rear end and helping to stabilize a bike in corners as the front end unloads also on acceleration. Most people intuitively think the rear squats, when in fact it is levered up by the force on the chain working in conjunction with the suspension geometry.

#6 ·
Also I would like to say thank you to all of those who helped me get those carbs on, especially Chris and Andrew Cornett. I have learned a ton of information from you guys. I should be good to go.

-Patrick

Thanks for the prop Patrick. The bike looks and sounds sweet. Come home safe from your tour of duty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.