Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yo mates-

In search of a decent upgrade in the exhaust department for my '09 696. The Termi's are the only brand my dealer will install and I feel they are over-priced. I don't think one should have to pay more than $500 for slip-on's, but it seems everything Ducati is pricey. Any good experiences out there? I don't want to core my cans, but am looking for a reasonably priced upgrade that will sync with the stock set up well.

Oh, and I'm not looking for super loud pipes, mostly a deeper, richer tone.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Sent you a pm....
we offer a 10% discount to DML members
with the discount-
Leo $566.10

Marving $539.10

HMF (Aluminum) $431.10

jeff h
monsterparts.com

·
Registered
29 Posts
Slip-ons for the monster are easy to install. Quick job you can do on your own in just 15 minutes, don't need the dealer to do them. Monsterparts there offers the cheapest ones. Arrows are also reasonable price as well. I got mine for $680. Looks and sounds exceptional. Couple of the sponsors here sell them and offer discounts.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ECU Concerns

What about the ECU? I understand the Termis come with a new ECU to compliment the new exhaust. I won't pretend to understand the dynamics of how changing a muffler effects engine performance... but I've heard/read/assume it does. To what extent I wouldn't know. BUT, if the new cans altered the engine performance in any noticeable negative way, I might regret the purchase. Any advice here?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Termis come with a new ECU and air filter. But you're also paying $1300 for that while you could probably get a power commander and air filter and slipon of choice for cheaper. I'm not that savy on it and someone correct me if I'm wrong but with a slip on you really don't get much of a performance boost anyways. If you want a performance boost then get a full system. You do get some improvements though because it does breath better. If you're just worried about price, just get the slipon you want now, and add a PC later. I've got Termis slipon on my 1098 and I didn't really notice any difference, probably because that thing is over the top on power anyways. I installed arrow slipons on my m1100 and love the sound and looks. Will be switching to a 14T front sprocket here soon though.

I think you just want slipons for the looks and sound anyways, isn't that why we all get it? :p

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
The Termi system is best because the ecu is tuned for the pipes...
but if you are changing just the exhaust, you should be fine with the stock ecu
there is a powercommander being developed, but it isnt shipping yet (PC 5)

some exhaust systems are also specifically designed to use stock settings
(for the mfr website)
LeoVince SBK Oval Systems
SBK Oval exhaust systems are powerful, durable and most importantly affordable, providing significant weight savings and increased horsepower. They are designed to run with stock jetting or fuel injection settings

1 - 8 of 8 Posts