Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes the cheap adjustable levers for the Monster? I know Skid has them. I checked Spareshack's site, but I didn't see them there. TIA.

·
Registered
783 Posts
You should watch ebay. I picked up a set of CRG 6 way adjustable levers for 60.00, and they came with both clutch and brake cylinders.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
i tried the lockhart philips adj. levers - you get what you pay for -

try changing the slave cylinder out first before wasting $ on cheap levers.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I just put a CRG adjustable clutch lever on my Brembo coffin (picked it up at Motostrano) and I can't believe what a difference it made. First of all, it is gorgeous. The adjustment is great because I can have the lever all the way out when I'm in town, making frequent stops, and need to fully disengage the clutch. When I'm out in the twisties, etc., I can bring it in a couple clicks to make quicker shifts with partial disengagement (I can easily adjust it while I'm riding). It is also more comfortable than stock. But the biggest surprise was that the action of the lever is much smoother than stock, lightening the effort. Not cheap, but WELL worth the money - brake lever's next.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Those levers are great. They were the last thing I needed to finish my bike. They make the clutchaction much easier.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody. To clarify, I don't have a problem with the clutch effort (well, I might, but I can handle it, ha ha). I just hate paying even $30 for stock levers when it seems like they are always the first thing to go in a tipover. Of course I'm not gonna have any more of those :mad:

·
Registered
434 Posts
What is the problem with the Lockhart levers ??? I've used them before and they are fine. The only way levers can increase/decrease effort is by a longer or shorter lever throw. An adjustable lever will not reduce the effort. If lubricating the lever will not help, then changing it is unlikely to help.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Say what you want mnztr, but I'm telling you from my own experience that the effort WAS reduced. You are right that in theory it should not have made a difference, but it did.

M

·
0 Posts
could be attributed to the fact that the crg's are machined whereas the lp's are cast... better tolerances will make a better pivot on the pins.

i don't think i'd ever put $100 levers on my ride... i ding 'em up too much to justify it. ;D

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
We generaly have all 3 versions on hand... LP, OEM and the CRG's. The advantage to CRG is that offer easy ;D 6 way adjustment, top quality and colors.. ::) Only 4 adjustments with the other two. LP levers have a lower quality fit and finish compared to OEM.. LP's are a nice inexpensive option if that's what you need.. Note * 03/04 Ducati's have a new kickstand switch that is triggered by a new extended part of the clutch lever so no options yet other than stock. If you buy them just make sure you specify your m'cyl style and year of bike..
Dave R
Ducati Seattle

S

·
0 Posts
In reply to the original post they are yet another item not on the site but we are working on it.

Anyway we have them and the cost is $60 inc postage for a set (if you refer to this email when ordereding!)

Cheers
Stuart
www.spareshack.com

·
Registered
206 Posts
just ordered 3 LP levers (2 clutch, 1 brake) from Chris for $11 each. with shipping, i replace my broken clutch and get a full set of spares for slightly over half of what the OEM lever costs.

steve

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I bought Daffe's old LPs after my tipover. They were loose until I re-used the stock spacers on the LP levers. Work great, no problems, happy as a clam. Even happier that I did not get a chance to put them on before Daytona. 2 more tipovers (my wife not me at least) while there. Came home hacked the kickstand bolt and installed the levers. Again, happy since.

Doc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts