Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to charge the battery directly on the bike? I have this ring terminal harness (battery tender) that I'd like to install permanently so I just have to plug/unplug the tender instead of going thru removal etc...?

Do I have to lift the tank also? I'm wondering about heat when charging the battery that's underneath a fuel tank.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Is it possible to charge the battery directly on the bike? I have this ring terminal harness (battery tender) that I'd like to install permanently so I just have to plug/unplug the tender instead of going thru removal etc...?

Do I have to lift the tank also? I'm wondering about heat when charging the battery that's underneath a fuel tank.
Yes, you can charge the battery while it's on the bike. What bike? The dealer usually installs a battery tender lead on the M696/M1100 at prep. Did you look for it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for my Monster 750ie 2002

since I just installed a new Yuasa I'm gonna follow their advice on charging it once a month so if I can charge it on bike that'll be a lot more convenient.

So the battery warning up under the tank is fine...cool cause I thought it might be dangerous.

There's some stuff I quite don't get with that battery but we'll see.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sure. It's the easiest thing in the world. I've installed quick-connects on all
my bikes, including my '99 M750. You'll have to lift the tank the first time to
attach the leads to the battery terminals, but assuming the leads are long enough
to poke out under the tank, that'll be the first and last time to do so. Whether or
not such periodic chargings are necessary in a bike that's regularly ridden is less
clear. Still, I suspect it can't hurt, and since I had a number of inexpensive 12V/1A
chargers still around, I figured why not put those suckers to use.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I keep my 696 and one car that isn't driven much on a 1/2 amp tender all the time. My 696's battery is so small that I don't want to risk having it drained via the electronic unit that is ALWAYS using some power. It's a pain in the rear to change batteries on the 696.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts