Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an s4r and would like to delete the charcoal canister. The salesman told me that it would screw up my fuel injection. I don't believe him. He was about 19 and didnt seem to know or care much about the Ducatis in the shop. He seemed more into the other japanese brands they sold. Is this so? If not is it just a matter of rerouting the vent lines out the bottom of the bike next to the other vent lines? Or is there much more to it than that.

·
Registered
339 Posts
that's about it. you can do a search and find lots of posts on this. There is no downside to it that anyone has ever figured out -- except that you'll need at least one new side panel since the right one will have a strange, empty hump in it. I took one from a pre-smog kit monster and with very little dremel work, it fit just fine. And it only cost me $20 for both new side panels.

congrats on the new bike, btw.

mike

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I removed mine with no problem or side effects, except contributing to the decay of the ozone. You will need two 5mm screws to plug the intakes when you remove the vacuum fittings. Everything else is taken off.

G

·
you do realize that the biggest hole in the ozone culprit is that big ball of hot gas out there in space ;D

now you might help localized global warming

I used vaccuum caps from the auto store and the factory clamps on my intake. Might be easier to find that some okay looking screws.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts