Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should i do with the line that runs from the gas thank into the canister, once the canister is removoed? Should i just leave it hanging there straped to the frame for venting/overflow puurposes?

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Don't leave it hanging, it will drip on your chain. You can run it on the right side through the clip that holds the other tank overflow tube behind the exhaust headers. It's a little short, but just enough to make it. I got a slightly longer hose I intend to use. You can also connect it to the other hose with a T.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I put a small inline-style fuel filter on my vent hose when I removed the canister. As the fuel level drops, it sucks air into the tank, and I didn't want it to be able to suck any dirt in.

G

·
I went to autozone (or any rats arse parts store) and got a little Y splitter. Just cut the hoses up near the tank, and share the hose going down in front of the rear wheel. Neat, clean and costs a buck and change.

The filter idea is pretty slick though.

·
Registered
588 Posts
don't mean to cut in with a different question on this thread,
but similar question.

what do i do with the crankcase vent? i'v fitted FCR's so it doesent go back to the carbs anymore, have removed the hose from the canister to the carbs. Now just have the hose from the crankcase to the canister. Would like to remove the canister & hose as it's just excess, can i just put some sort of breather plug into the crankcase?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts