Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm awaiting delivery of an alumnium clutchpack/basket and a billet clutch hub. I see they make a tool to hold the hub so the motor doesn't turn over,but I'm wondering if that might be more for people w/o pneumatic tools? Worse comes to worse I guess I'll make a tool out of the used steel clutch plates, I'm just wondering what I have in store when the parts get here. Only thing I've done clutch-wise on the bike was a billet pressure plate, that was simple enough. I'm thinking this should be about as easy.

Anyone have any FHE to share?

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Well sure, you can air gun the nuts off but what about torquing everything back on? That is where you need a good clutch holding tool. When I torqued the clutch hub nut (I forget 150 lbs or thereabouts?) the bike was on a rear stand, I was holding the clutch basket tool and my buddy was working the half inch drive torque wrench with an extension on the end. It's tight.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good stuff, thanks. I have LT's book I got from dml, I think it's time for a shp manual.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's gotta be the best link someones posted a refrence to, exactly what I needed. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts