Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Since I've been unable to get a service manual for my S4r I have a question. I received two "crush rings" when I purchased my oil filter. I understand there is both a drain plug and an oil screen plug. Can some shed some light on the typical procedure for the oil change. I've had many motorcycles and cars over the years. I'm just looking for some helpful reference information.

On second note: Does anybody have a suggestion for obtaining a service a manual? I've seen one for a S4 or the S4rs but not the S4r.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I can not imagine its much different from the S4 oil change procedure (like I did today).

Drain the oil via the sump plug, remove the filter and have replacement standing by, remove the oil screen (needs special size hex tool). Remount the sump plug, fill new filter with oil and grease/oil the rubber seal, fill filter with oil and mount it onto the bike. Tighten plus 3/4 turn.

Clean the screen and remount it.

Fill with oil. Run bike, top up oil to levels on sight glass. Check for leaks at filter and screen.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Desmo Times has a good manual. You can order it right here at the DML store link to the left of this screen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts