Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my brake (and clutch) lines have a 90 degree bend in them where they connect up to the coffins. This is annoying as I can't adjust my clip-ons and farther forward because they hit the instrument cluster.

I'd like to just replace them with some 45 degree ones. Is this a simple task? Or will I need to replace the whole brake line?

Here's some picks for details. On the second pic I've removed the plastic tubing for a better view.

Thanks,

dj

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
On your particular application with the lines you already own, it appears you will have to get new ones.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
It's hard to tell from the pics, but if they are crimped on, you'll have to replace the whole thing. If the banjos are screwed on, just unscrew the old one & screw on a new one.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, it's hard to tell if they're screwed on or not. I'll take a shot at the clutch line tomorrow after I take her out for pre-oil change warm up. It looks like they might be screw on though, by the looks of the clutch line. Either way, thanks for the feedback guys!

I'll let ya'll know what I find tomorrow. Hopefully I won't have to replace the whole line! :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts